how to unignore?

"
Kazang wrote:
Holy RNGesus that necro.

But seriously we will get this the same time we get proper chat channels with admin options, resizeable chat windows, searchable stash, a proper trade system and million other qol issues they never planned for.

In PoE 2.0

time has come? :D
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
Actually I do not agree with the philosophy behind ignoring someone.

In real life, no matter how messed up some people are, you still have to deal with them. It is a learning process to be able to deal with different personalities.

More importantly, I treat everyone I come across in my life as an asset. Those that offended you the most or appear most useless to you might be the only ones that can save you in an unforseen situation.

It is a test of character to be able to tolerate as many people as you can.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Actually I do not agree with the philosophy behind ignoring someone.

In real life, no matter how messed up some people are, you still have to deal with them.

1. No, you don't.

2. And: This isn't real life either. It's a game, entertainment, escapism.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
In real life, no matter how messed up some people are, you still have to deal with them.

No, in fact, you do not. You can walk away. You can put on headphones. Depending on the circumstances, you can ask security to intervene, or even report criminal activity to authorities.

Whereas, in game, you are stuck watching the text of spammers and vile garbage spewers stream across your monitor. No thanks. I play this game to have fun, not to practice zen tolerance of profanity and inanity.
GREENS vs. REDS: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/246#p811501
The Prisoner's Dilemma: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/262#p813428
Lethal_papercut's discussion with Chris: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/235#p806542
Lol I dont think OP here wants to unignore those who show profanity and inanity.

Sometimes people just want to teach you that both capitalism and communism do not work through trades. If you miss the point of these people, you are the one who lose.

Anyway, most of the time it is not those who lack manners that get ignored, but those who lack manners that ignore others.
"
No, the only option is still /clear_ignore_list

yes this works.

but the ignore list is much too small. why?

would also like the ignore list to work like a block list in mmo games. so you can't join a party with a player on the block list and he/she can't join yours.

that is my feedback. thanks.
I would seriously like to see a UI tab that lets me mass-edit my ignore list, which is apparently painfully short. I would also really like the ability to wildcard usernames to cut off the multivariant spammer namea nameb namec named stuff so I can head them off at the pass and stop the insanity and the incentive for them to register a bazillion similar one-off names.

I have no desire to completely clear my list, but I WOULD like to know how long ago I ignored the name as well as being able to sort them by when I ignored them
Ignoring people is very bad for bussines. Some one on your ignore list want to buy things from you and guess what? You will never find out. You will sell at half of price just because you ignore the buyers. And I am not talking about 10-20 exa items but really expensive ones. And all that because is more confortable to express your dissatisfaction by clicking a button instead of just talk or just ignore.
I found out that the comunity in game is rather very unfriendly and rude, and if I would ignore all the stupid players I meet the list is too short.
Then again we come from various countries with different background coultures. While a turkis player will find pleasure in bargain with you on a price, some other people will find it irritating. But is like in real life. If you buy a carpet from bazaar and you don't bargain, be sure you have payed 10 times the real price.

Then are the exchange rates. They are variable and they are not like "don't brake the law". The word variable means that they can fluctuate like the stock exchange, from one day to another or even in same day. If some one want to do a rare color on his armour and needs 10000 chroms, guess what? It will put a stress on the value if his aim is to do it in one hour. The rates are corelated with the time you are willing to wait to obtain that rate. So when I need some regrets for a quick respec to test something and I get an offer of 1 regret :3 chaos, i don't jump to ignore the guy. I can accept the rate and save time or I can loose time and wait till I get regrets 1:1 chaos. There is no right price here. I would like to see people irl going to a night bar and start ignoring the bartender and doing scandal because the beer that is 50 cents in hypermarket is 10 euro at the bar. Ignoring ppl for stupid exchange rates is rather stupid. When some on is in need he/she will pay that rate. The stupid rate won't be there if there were no customers. I follow a simple rule: don't like, don't buy, don't argue.

Then is poe, with some glitches. I have posted a 6L armour which is corrupted and I got msg from ppl who wanted to buy it and telling me that on poe is clean not corrupted. Ok we chated, explained that there is a poe mistake. How about going straight to ignore because you think is a scam?

One player has ignored me because I could not provide him quickly one item that i hd for sale on poe. It was a dagger that was put on my char in second weapon slot to level gems. I looked thru stash few times and when finaly realised where is the weapon, i was already ignored. So much for abusing this feature.

So in the end be tolerant and refrain from thinking your way is the only way.
Last edited by Piftiuta on May 5, 2016, 6:57:33 AM
"
littlextiger wrote:
0.10.2 Patch Notes: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/227309

"
There's now a /clear_ignore_list command that will remove all entries from the list of accounts you are ignoring chat messages from. Better management of ignore lists is coming in the future.

If you haven't ignored anyone in a while, hopefully the ones you did aren't online anymore. Otherwise, just add them back. But this command has been in the game for a few weeks.

3 years down the line and still no improvement.. I just needed to clear my whole list just to add 1 to it. Really shitty.
The force is strong in the power of the thorns!
so...any news?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info