[0.11] iFartThunder's HC Lightning Strike Marauder

Decided to drop ele prolif in favour of life leech. My damage is getting too high and I can start feeling it on ele reflect. Also makes half regen/no regen a bit less painful.

Dropped carnage heart aswell because the -25% max life has more impact on total health than previously and I don't need the leech since I'm using life leech gem.

I'm gonna miss ele prolif tho :(

Last edited by Eightkilo on Jun 6, 2013, 11:00:39 AM
hey thanks for a great build ive borrowed quite alot from it since we got the full reset.

ive picked up some of the lower part of the mara tree specificaly the physical meele nodes, instead of going into the templar starting area

and ive skipped iron reflexes i dont use alot of evasion gear and i was wondering is iron reflexes a huge deal in your setup ?

it is a quite monsterous change going at it as a 2hander instead of a dualwield claw mara i was running as before the patch, im usenig an axe atm and it has some attackspeed on it its nothing special just kinda the first thing i picked up with 4 links and alched it, im working on getting a better weapon atm but i was wondering swords are the only go to weapon for a 2handed LS build ? im kinda partial to axes
Would this work with a marohi mace?
IGN: LessBow
Tok link ur build?
Strength and Honor,
Phatboi
"
Tokeri wrote:
hey thanks for a great build ive borrowed quite alot from it since we got the full reset.

ive picked up some of the lower part of the mara tree specificaly the physical meele nodes, instead of going into the templar starting area

and ive skipped iron reflexes i dont use alot of evasion gear and i was wondering is iron reflexes a huge deal in your setup ?

it is a quite monsterous change going at it as a 2hander instead of a dualwield claw mara i was running as before the patch, im usenig an axe atm and it has some attackspeed on it its nothing special just kinda the first thing i picked up with 4 links and alched it, im working on getting a better weapon atm but i was wondering swords are the only go to weapon for a 2handed LS build ? im kinda partial to axes

Physical melee damage nodes only applies to the melee portion of the attack. Where as "physical damage" nodes applies to both the melee AND the projectiles. Therefore it's a bad idea to pick up melee physical damage nodes. You would benefit a lot more from pure physical damage nodes and attack speed.

Iron reflexes is very strong because of one buff. Grace. That and determination is a HUGE percentage of your total armour. Even if your only using armour based gear, iron reflexes is still a significant boost.

You can use any type of 2h for LS. Swords have the best weapon specific damage nodes available when following my builds. If I HAD to choose my ideal 2h weapon I would go for a staff. You can get 31% block chance with only 3 passive points which is pretty good. But sword, axe, mace, staff.. It's minor changes in the passive tree but overall they all follow the same principles and will perform almost equally good. It is however, easier to find good swords for LS since they come with a faster base than the rest of the 2h - and with LS, the faster the better.

Hope that helps

edit: Just saw your build. You really wanna get rid of those melee physical damage nodes. They are close to useless for LS. Remove those and get the templar tree instead. Get iron reflexes aswell while your at it (only 3 points away) and build up more health. Don't worry about damage in the beginning. Prioritize survivability and get more damage nodes as you start to feel comfortable in maps. But go for the ones I've taken in my different builds depending on what 2h your using.

Last edited by Eightkilo on Jun 7, 2013, 8:23:34 AM
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
Would this work with a marohi mace?

Not very good. Marohi is way too slow to benefit from the element damage such as auras and damage on gear. You will probably have a very high base damage, but you would shock slower so in the end your damage will be much lower. I would not recommend it.

I'll be leveling something like this in Anarchy, and am still a severe noob at builds like this, so bear with me on some stupid questions.

I know you can't answer everything, but any help is great.

Also, in your answers please consider that wealth will be reset with Anarchy.

1- RE: Early elemental cleave. How long did you run Elemental Cleave? How many elements can you attach to it before mana becomes an issue? Were you linking anything else?

2- When can you start stacking auras?

3- I watched your vid... You had 9/4xx mana through most of it, but none of your skills was using any. Did you stack a blood magic gem with all of your skills, or is there a mechanic I am missing?

4- Any tips for a noob while leveling up to something like this?

Thanks in advance if you take the time to answer any of this.
What about buying The Bringer of Rain ? With LS + support gems into it, BAM increased survivability with blind + increased single target damage and no need of faster attack support gem :)

(Iron Reflexes wiki page "Even with zero evasion rating, the minimum chance to evade is 5%" so blind still works if you take IR but not US !)
Last edited by Tekry on Jun 7, 2013, 1:46:58 PM
"
Tekry wrote:
What about buying The Bringer of Rain ? With LS + support gems into it :)

It's a possibility. However, the gems are not really optimal for lightning strike except faster attacks.

Melee physical damage gem is the same as melee physical damage nodes. It only affects your melee attack and not the projectiles. It looks good on tooltip (with increased melee physical damage I can push it to way above 25k dps, but the tooltip only displays the melee portion of the attack), but when your damage gets good mobs very rarely even gets to melee range. Blind is pretty good aswell I guess. But it's still - as far as I see it - a 5L lightning strike (but with the support of blind and melee dmg).

But from there a new set of problems arise. Cap resist is very hard to do if you use a 2h and not being able to get resist on head og chest.

You also lose 12% attack speed from having a lvl 18 faster attacks and not being able to quality it up. And the obvious one - you can't wear Kaom's heart.

The only way I would justify using Bringer of Rain is with a 1h+shield I think. You could probably make something interesting out of that.

Even tho I have one of those uniques I honestly havent tried anything with it or even considered it after I saw that 2/3 gems in it were fairly irrelevant and the last one came with a penalty.

But with that being said, I would be very interested to see if someone actually made it work with that particular unique.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info