(July 14/15) Hardcore Ladder Race

"
dime wrote:
"
0nin wrote:
I got the first Fetid Pool normal clear, but ended up dying in Rocky Climb to desync. Would suck if I missed out.

You should get the prize, good job, Fetid Pool is a tough zone.

Thats what I'd expect also.

Would be nice to track the winning times of all that 'first kill' and 'full clear' tasks to get a kind of reference...
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
siffin wrote:

nice to do some statistics for own strategy progress ;)
would be great if there were a way to catch the party status information too - but I think there's no chance to automate this yet.

I've seen, the 'final results' tables are somehow listed as for 'minute 1'? (also the same for the last 2 weeks races, previous races not checked but assume the same)

invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Last edited by Mr_Cee on Jul 15, 2012, 7:06:12 AM
"
erenhardt wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:

Except ive won solo twice

Look at graphs of those races. Everyone was soloing. There was no 4 man party like now.

When dime and metro started to play in party you were 2+ lvls behind

The graphs dont list parties, and in some of them the lines are so close and jumbled that anyone could have been partied with anyone.

Anyway my point was simply that solo play can still be competitive with parties, nothing more.
IGN: KoTao
Your point is invalid

exp graph
Last edited by erenhardt on Jul 15, 2012, 7:57:05 AM
Thats not very fair to only look at a single race, Im pretty sure I was clear on what I said before (I wont quote myself), but I dont think solo play is uncompetitive with parties.
Sure parties have different benefits, but they can be like double edged swords too.
"
misza2909 wrote:
This one was really hard. First of all, my two teammates were killed. Dying Brutus somehow managed to kill RoedeOurm's character with one of his last moves. Then the fiery Merveil's Daughter killed in her battle chaos qrft's character. Then we stayed alone - ThunderGhost's character and mine - so we had to slow down for a while in the Cavern of Woe. Finally we avenged the death of our teammates and killed the Siren. I really want to thank ThunderGhost - playing with him was a really great experience. Without his help I couldn't stay alive but so I ended with level 19 and 4th Shadow.

I had one really curious situation - after fight with The Phan... Burning Menace my health started to sink very quickly (as in case of Puncture) and reached a really critical level, because all my health flasks were empty. The screen was already red, the health orb practically empty and when I desperately tried to catch a Portal Scroll I caught a Scroll of Wisdom. However I stayed in this critical state for a few seconds without dying until I finally managed to open a TP. It is possible that my health just stopped sinking somewhere between values of 1 and 10 HP, but I believe that one of the forsaken gods of Wraeclast looked at me in this moment with his favourable eye ;)

Yes, this race was really hard... I need some sleep :) Congratulations to the winners!

Awww ! Thx misza2909 for glorifing my death :D
I was really careless in the end (oups) and I noobed by escaping Brutus's attack in a straight line (double oups) !

We had a great 30min race (^_^) I was still on Skype with my brother ThunderGhost so he told me what was going on :D

I created a new char and continued playing at a slower pace. Created a "Just Died" public party and started a new adventure, with lvl10 as a goal (instead of lvl20 :P). Our party was nearly "insta filled".

My brother then told me that qrft's ranger died. R.I.P. man T_T ... They avenged you as well at least !

Congratulations to misza2909 and ThunderGhost for staying alive until the very end !! Hope you got some tasty orbs :D
(I got an exalted among my 4-5 orbs that I got for reaching lvl 14 *happy face*)

Once again, it's really a pleasure to play with you guys :D (misza2909, qrft and ThunderGhost) We got a good team going on here ! Next time, we're gonna rock !!

And, big thx to the "Recently Dead" group :D I was a bit afk at times because I was checking the ladder rankings for ThunderGhost (that ended being the 3rd Marauder !! Nice :D) Many died in the last 15min of the race (must be hard >_<). Sus79 and I were the only left. Too bad you didn't get your level, you were really close and if I didn't afk much, you could have done it (soz)

To close this up, congratz to the "super team" :D (4demigods wow). I watched a part of your stream this morning and I'm really impressed ! Good Job :D You guys deserve the glory !

"
starsg wrote:
"
lujan wrote:
cool!

don't die, don't die, don't die! - this time!

just dont run into Diablo's 4th Brother.

"
lpsusi wrote:
"
lujan wrote:
cool!

don't die, don't die, don't die! - this time!

plus hope that your client don't crash/freeze while loading an instance ><

Well I survived! finished 22th at general and 3th shadow.

played a fire trap / freezing pulse It was a very hard way.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQYBA96juQxc_7oa68s9IRr4f0mnCVho2hlUds1fmZT2DWe0Hmd7_8cKh5gtItTH8129zJsEGrgsgiT3uyxK27HID5908hyhvSrYw7INgg==

Could have managed to get lvl 21 if i had better luck with loot and better choices of maps at the end.
Last edited by lujan on Jul 15, 2012, 8:28:37 AM
"
Metronomy wrote:
Much better than last week (64.5 dps at end)

This week I got a nice quiver near the start that set me up for the rest of the race.
Equipment
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Final DPS 166.0 this time

Congratulations on #1, pal! Yeah, that's a nice quiver, alright! =*[.]*=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
erenhardt wrote:
Your point is invalid

exp graph

A two player graph from a single event hardly equates to proof of partying being strictly superior to soloing.
IGN: KoTao
next graph

and one more...

enough? Party is better.
You are safer when playing in party.
You can advance in quests faster.
You can use loot better.
You kill bosses faster.
and many more...
I dont see any benefits in going solo

Report Forum Post

Report Account: