Your thoughts on skill spamming.

Spamming potions will kill some build, like templar that has regen mana or something like this(spell cost -). Totally useless in all the "spam pot" game builds.

You remember Energy stat in D2 ? ...
-Deklan-33 Marauder Mace/shield HC

Dxdiag: http://up.sur-la-toile.com/sRsz
Last edited by Hikagema on Aug 19, 2011, 6:33:50 PM
I think it's fine as long as each skill (or combination of skills) has a situation in which it's more effective than any other skill.

I think the more pressing problem is that there are just tons of generic monsters which you can just walk past without having to ever engage them. I'd rather see less mobs who are more challenging and have some means of forcing you to engage them (faster move speed, slows etc.). That would also make strong non aoe attacks more useful.
As long as it isn't like Maplestory where the only effective skill is one for each class.
Last edited by deeguyz on Aug 19, 2011, 6:52:13 PM
They should make a system which makes combining a couple of skills in a certain time span actually do more damage than just spamming 1 skill.

A example would be skill nr. 1 increasing the damage done to a target by skill nr. 2 for 10% more. It doesn't only have to be a damage buff when they get combined, it can be a slow,stun, silence, any kind of CC really.

So basically it doesn't need to be 1 1 1 1.
It could be 1 2 3 4 or 1213 or any other combination to get a certain effect on a target.
Last edited by iknego on Aug 19, 2011, 7:11:00 PM
I love to spam, just like I spam these forums. So in my opinion it is good to spam.
Why so serious?
I dont like spamming skills i rather have some skills be on a long cooldown and ALSO a large mana cost. Make me decide to use that skill and pay for the consequences.
The purpose of argument should not be victory, but progress.
(This thread is probably finished with but...)

I always have been have been of the opinion that at lower levels skill spamming is fine.

As one progresses though the more powerful advesaries should be more vulnerable to combinations.

Simple abilities could be either too weak or have high resistances by the entity, whereas combinations would only have partial resistance or very low..eg electrified ice storms.

I'm not in beta yet so this is just a general opinion.
Rediscovering my youth
Skill spam can be done in PoE, that doesn't mean you have to do it though. I made a character on my friends account because i have yet to get a key. You can skill spam, but its your choice to do so, i avoided doing it to make the experience more entertaining and difficult, on hardcore at that.

Skill spam can be done in PoE, that doesn't mean you have to do it though. I made a character on my friends account because i have yet to get a key. You can skill spam, but its your choice to do so, i avoided doing it to make the experience more entertaining and difficult, on hardcore at that.

So my point is, Just because a game has spam-able skills it's the user who chooses to spam them.

Interesting to see everyone's thoughts on the matter - would also like a dev to maybe comment on the issue as i dont think this has been addressed before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info