Micro Transaction Prices

This is just a basic question to the devs that I think is somewhat important as I am currently a customer in their product.

What would a ball-park estimate be for the prices you are going to set on things in your cash shop?

Right now, stash tabs and character slots are 30 GGGold each. I have bought 4 stash tabs and (stupidly) 1 character slot with that. (I would really actually like that slot refunded and turned into a stash tab, but it is what it is.) Anyway, I'm very interested in the things that you've announced will be in the game, such as alternate attack effects and more gore. I'm just wondering how much of the GGGold I should leave unspent so that I can purchase some of those things with it. I figure that I will probably contribute more in the future as well, but I'd like to have an estimate of what I would be looking at for numbers.

Also, will things bought in the micro transaction shop be consumable? For example, if you buy some effect to make your helmet shine with rainbows, would that affect apply only to that one helmet, or only to that one character, or would it be like the kiwi, an effect that you can turn on and off across your account at will?

I'm not looking for exact numbers, of course. You will probably figure those out when the time comes. But if I wanted to make a few characters stand out, what should I expect to be spending on doing so? And, more importantly, what would be an upper estimate on your "added gore" effect? >:)
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
selfish bump
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
Good question. I too already long time wanna know prices,for the same reason.
ign: Bikvin
"
Shippal wrote:
(I would really actually like that slot refunded and turned into a stash tab, but it is what it is.)

PM a dev, particularly Samantha. It can't hurt to ask.

As for the rest of your post, yes, I'm eager to know too. But I think this is a question best saved for when what is put into the cash shop answers it for us. In short, I'm more concerned with WHAT will be for sale than HOW MUCH it will be. That's the mystery right now. If they'd teased more cash shop goodies, then I'd be a bit more rabid about discerning pricetags. As it is, we really have no idea what will be for sale other than 'planned' things and a few very sneaky screenshots.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Didn't Chris or a Dev commented on this already?
Sweeping Maid
"
nzrock wrote:
Didn't Chris or a Dev commented on this already?

It's very possible that they did, but I did a forum search of every thread I could find about micro transactions (and similar terms) and read through at least a few posts on them to make sure. Nothing. I have also watched videos, where the devs hint at things that they want to put into the game, but never anything about a pricing structure.
"
"
Shippal wrote:
(I would really actually like that slot refunded and turned into a stash tab, but it is what it is.)

PM a dev, particularly Samantha. It can't hurt to ask

I checked out the devs list, to make sure of which dev would be best to ask, and I noticed that Samantha really has never even visited the forums since her account was created. I PM'ed Rony instead. He answered me within 12 hours and it was settled very easily.

Though it was a very small thing, I still count it as a customer service WIN because I was pleasantly surprised by its speed and the way they handled it. :D
We haven't yet set any prices for future microtransactions, this is still being discussed. More information will be announced as soon as possible.

Samantha? First time I see you on this forum, are you new or just new to the forum?
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
Samantha? First time I see you on this forum, are you new or just new to the forum?

Just been on holiday for a while :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info