whats the importance of graphic updates to developers?

"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
"
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
The characters in PoE look like real people for the most part. I don't get the stick-figure thing. I guess compared to the bloated, disproportionate characters that are common in most modern games, they would look odd, but they don't look unrealistic.

No idea what you mean by any of that.
Have you even played the Witcher 2? Skyrim?
I'm talking about games similar in genre and form to PoE. D3, Torchlight, just about any MMO.

Yes, I know there are games with realistic character models. Shame on me for not explicitly stating that I'm not a moron.

You said
"
bloated, disproportionate characters that are common in most modern games

Just saying.
"
qjay wrote:
alright then i m looking forward to it

as said before cant really tell how the graphics will appeal to me since all i ve got were from videos right now

It's all those red and green hues that are burned in your retina after long hours of World of Warcraft. Don't worry it clears out after a while.
they are not the best graphics in the world but they are good enough and the gameplay more than makes up for it.
"
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
The characters in PoE look like real people for the most part. I don't get the stick-figure thing. I guess compared to the bloated, disproportionate characters that are common in most modern games, they would look odd, but they don't look unrealistic.

The graphics in PoE get the job done, but two things I hope gets changed is ( what I hope is )the place holder white sheet on way points and instance entrances, and the map/mini map looks 10+ years old.

Other than Trists naked body...the characters in The Witcher 2 look odd >.<
"
Gott wrote:
"
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:

The graphics in PoE get the job done, but two things I hope gets changed is ( what I hope is )the place holder white sheet on way points and instance entrances, and the map/mini map looks 10+ years old.

Other than Trists naked body...the characters in The Witcher 2 look odd >.<

I only remember Trist though hmmmm
I think it looks very nice maxed out, and I'm running 580 SLI on a 2560x1440 monitor...it's not like I don't appreciate quality:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

A few things to remember:

- youtube quality is compressed and it will look better on your screen
- not everyone records the game at max settings
- the game starts out bleak and deserted on purpose
- GGG is not a huge studio that has access to a sports division to do motion capture for their animations.

But I still think it looks great, and combined with the awesome gameplay and great music it's a great experience.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info