MORE SKILL BAR SLOTS PLZ!!!

I agree with the suggestion above!
More skills usable make the game more fun, attactive, playable, less boring

Look the opposite: imagine you can use only one skill - just a simple attack boom boom, what kind of stupid and boring game it would be.
I dont see any point in such restriction, while youre still restricted to what you can wear. Thats maximum 24 slots - not very much comparing to the other games i played.
IMO: More complexity and variety - the better the game is.
Want it simple ? play minesweeper or hearts.
ign Krynix / if offline try GlupiChuj / if offline try FappingStrike
im usually on 5PM-11PM GMT+1
"
krynix wrote:
I agree with the suggestion above!
More skills usable make the game more fun, attactive, playable, less boring

Look the opposite: imagine you can use only one skill - just a simple attack boom boom, what kind of stupid and boring game it would be.
I dont see any point in such restriction, while youre still restricted to what you can wear. Thats maximum 24 slots - not very much comparing to the other games i played.
IMO: More complexity and variety - the better the game is.
Want it simple ? play minesweeper or hearts.

The passive tree has over 1300 nodes. There are 86 skills. There are 54 support gems.

That's plenty of variety.

Additionally, the fact you're restricted to a few skills encourages you to try new builds to use those skills. If the game gave you everything at once then why would you stick around?

The path your argument's taking it seems like the next step is saying that giving every player every unique increases complexity and variety.

"
Alfabetica wrote:
The point of the current lack of slots is to stop players from having skills for 'emergency situations', if not at a notable cost, and to stop players having the variety to cope with every situation, rather than a decent build.

If you were capable of dealing every element of damage and using every curse just as proficiently you wouldn't need to change your tactics as different enemies came along

You're already limited by gem slots. If I counted right, you can only use at most 24 gems with one set, not counting weapon switching. Having to choose between more skills and more support gems is a smart design choice. Only having 8 skill buttons is a stupid design choice. What's the difference? The former is a limitation within the mechanics of the game, with a well-thought out opportunity cost. The latter has absolutely no explanation within the context of the game, interferes with the decision making of the former scenario, and really has no place in a PC-only game. The user interface is not the place to try and balance the game. It would be like if the rocket launcher in an FPS was overpowered, so they nerfed it by requiring the player to press five buttons in an awkward position at once in order to fire it. It technically makes the option worse, but the players are just going to be annoyed rather than happy.
"
Alfabetica wrote:
Multi-target/ranged/trap are usually the same thing for most builds. Or you can combine single-target/ranged/trap via Bear trap. And most handle escape/positioning via a Quicksilver.

Not really. By single target or multi-target, I meant the skill you'd spam against a single enemy or multiple enemies. Traps have a cooldown which prevent spamming.
"
Alfabetica wrote:
Additionally, the fact you're restricted to a few skills encourages you to try new builds to use those skills. If the game gave you everything at once then why would you stick around?
The path your argument's taking it seems like the next step is saying that giving every player every unique increases complexity and variety.

That's a strawman. You're already limited by gem slots. The button limitation is unnecessary and limits gameplay complexity by limiting combinations of skills, and condensing your skillset into a few skills you just use over and over.
Last edited by Tiber727 on May 15, 2013, 6:25:45 PM
"
Alfabetica wrote:
The passive tree has over 1300 nodes. There are 86 skills. There are 54 support gems.

That's plenty of variety.

Additionally, the fact you're restricted to a few skills encourages you to try new builds to use those skills.

Your whole way of thinking is with a single word "stupid", wtf r u saying dude it doesn't matter what kind of build I want to play melee or range, summons/totems or curses for start I'm 101% sure that 90%+ of all builds out there have at least 2 auras active at all time & I'm also sure that many ppl want to use more but they cant, so if we exclude 2-3 slots for auras, left mouse click for movement & at least 2 slots for offensive skills/spells there is nothing left... open your eyes & see how limited is the way we play, we just activate some auras & after that we spam the same skills non stop till the end of time... do u really find that interesting &/or fun?

"
Alfabetica wrote:
If the game gave you everything at once then why would you stick around?

Another "stupid" statement, I will stick around because I like the game obviously & I have fun, & if GGG add more skill slots doesn't mean I wont be interested to play some other cls u know, it's not possibly to make a tank if your start the game with Shadow cls, & even if u try it wont be obviously so effective as if u were start the game with Marauder or Templar. so depend what u r interested to do the cls & the starting position on the passive skill tree will play the final role & not how many slots u have in the skill bar.
Last edited by rpgmaniac on May 15, 2013, 11:11:51 PM
Could GGG staff refer to the subject?
"
krynix wrote:
Could GGG staff refer to the subject?

yes plz it will be good to know if u at least consider to increase the slots we currently have for skills, it will be good to clarify that for every1 to see & know.
Even two more would be a huge improvement

The current hot keys are very limiting, that is for certain.

We all have keyboards with plenty of keys that could be useful for some skill. :p

yep that would be nice..

also different skill/spell slots for different weapons... let say i use dual daggers and got an bow on second slot.. i dont really need cyclone or dual strike while i switch on bow...
+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info