|This league has Cutthroat and Hardcore enabled, when you die to enemies of any type you will be moved to Default league.
A summary of hardcore Cutthroat rules:
Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
For information about Race Season Two, please check out this announcement!
To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.
- This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Hardcore.
- There's a PvP damage multiplier because players start with a lot more life than they do damage. This multiplier will be adjusted substantially based on feedback from this event and others.
- Players are hostile by default to players who are not in their party.
- You can ctrl+click on the entrance to an area to use the Instance Management screen to manually enter any other player's instance of an area.
- Cut-throat instances can hold a maximum of 12 players.
- This is a hardcore league. When you die, you will be moved to default league, you lose the normal experience penalty for your difficulty plus 30% of your current level. You also drop all inventory and equipped items. Your flasks, skill gems (even ones in your inventory) and quest items are not dropped.
- If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is split among their party.
- If you attempt to abruptly leave the game in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
- The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 20 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.
- Non-partied players only show up on the map if they're nearby.
- There are no notifications for players joining or leaving areas.
- Portals cannot be used until they have been up for five seconds.
- You cannot apply microtransaction effects to items in cut-throat. You may dance and have pets.
The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.
The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive
- #1 player of each class: Demigod's Triumph (Unique Golden Wreath) and 10 Reward Points
- #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
- #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
- #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
- #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
- #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
- #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point
- Level 24: 10 Reward Points
- Level 21-23: 7 Reward Points
- Level 18-20: 6 Reward Points
- Level 15-17: 5 Reward Points
- Level 11-14: 4 Reward Points
- Level 8-10: 3 Reward Points
- Level 4-7: 1 Reward Point
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
- Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
- Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
- Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
- Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
- Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
- Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
- Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
- Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
- Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
- Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
- Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
- Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
- Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
- Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
- Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
- Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:
- Alternate Art Karui Ward Unique Item (15 available to be won)
- Alternate Art Shiversting Unique Item (5 available to be won)
- Alternate Art Quill Rain Unique Item (2 available to be won)
- Alternate Art Onyx Amulet Item (1 available to be won)
- Alternate Art Death's Harp Unique Item (1 available to be won)
Posted by GGG_Neon
on May 13, 2013 9:57 PM
Grinding Gear Games
Yeah ! more Cutthroat just mooooore !
Why you should try Harcore http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/209310/page/1
Posted by tadl
on May 18, 2013 2:15 PM
This is so epic! I can't believe such monstrous theme will be implemented! Playing for keeps! I don't have a party so I can't play but I'm excited nonetheless.
Posted by kyungky
on May 21, 2013 2:38 AM
Hardcore Cutthroat is no fun, It's less PVP and more leveling while trying to avoid dying. :(
Posted by MarkoszHU
on May 21, 2013 6:46 AM
This looks like fun... if you're on helmannn/mors/noobler/goratha/thorrior team. Not much for anyone else though?
EDIT: Joined for 5 mins and got 9th ranger. Wow, I'm so good, hahaha...
Last edited by MyH4o on May 21, 2013 7:04 AM
Posted by MyH4o
on May 21, 2013 6:53 AM
Hardcore is what makes CT great, killing people was so much more fun. Every time I killed someone in prisoners/graveyard I got flooded by rares and currency. Laughed for 30min straight and couldn't stop even after I died to crit-freeze flicker strike (WTF). Crushing noobs trying to get past goats is best. Keep CT HC.
Posted by dins
on May 21, 2013 7:30 AM
Missed that one.
Posted by Hilbert
on May 21, 2013 8:34 AM