Season Two, Event 149: 1 Hour Lethal Ancestral Turbo Immolation Solo

"
Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points

''Kappa''
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
These special difficultly races are stellar ... keep them coming ggg!
BLAMT!
"
If you somehow manage to get a marauder to the town, just buy an iron ring and drop it together with your 2 red gems in bank, then re-roll a witch or ranger, get to town buy another ring, craft yourself 2 fire resistance rings, and then you should be pretty well set.

except resist rings require lvl 11, and only a handful of people even got that high in the last one of these
@BUTTKITCHEN
I think flat life is better than rushing the ruby ring. The scary think isn't the burning ground but the direct attacks
"
vxcriss wrote:
The waste of time race, don't bother. If rewards would reflect the difficulty, maybe, but under these circumstances, given the horrible desync, it's about 50% dice roll and only 50% skill.

If you somehow manage to get a marauder to the town, just buy an iron ring and drop it together with your 2 red gems in bank, then re-roll a witch or ranger, get to town buy another ring, craft yourself 2 fire resistance rings, and then you should be pretty well set.

The problem is it's very hard to get a marauder in town unless you're really lucky and get a bow or wand drop in the first few kills, otherwise you may want to re-roll again and again till you get the bow or wand.

Fire resist rings are min level 11.

The last race was won by someone who was level 11.

Your genius plan will be useful for all of the last 2 or 3 minutes of the race.
I like these high difficulty races, however I feel each and every race needs it's own individual special point bracket set up.

Just using the same one for multiple races with varying difficulties isn't gonna make people want to play the races more.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the insane difficulty, but if we want more people to actually try that insane difficulty, the reward must be worth it beyond "it's fun cuz it's hard" and "epeen".

If I make it to level 13 in a race like this, I better get at least 15 (but probably much more) reward points. That's my opinion though.
Last edited by TremorAcePV on May 19, 2013, 8:20:05 PM
I gave this around 10 attempts to get out of the starting area with a Templar before I gave up. All in all a fun 15 minutes, might start with Ranger next time though.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
`
Last edited by Aepoch on Jun 21, 2019, 7:59:11 PM
Fuck this mode I say it again. Give other players a replacement race during that time.

The stealth crit modifier depending on points makes is soooo nice.*irony*

Getting killed by Hillock with one hit with 3 ailment symbols.

Having Rhoas charge offscreen.

At last give all players a ranged weapon at start.

10 minutes looking a ranged weapon with 10 characters is all this race is about.

This game is bad due to any turbo races. DEsync is just fucking retarded

Retaraded

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info