A (or maybe some) questions unanswered by FAQ

My main question is
Is this like an MMO? Like Mythos?
I read in the FAQ that there is like a board where you can meet other people to raid with, the real question I wana ask is if it supports open world for people to interact and all.

They MAY have been answered by FAQ, maybe I just didn't see it.
The game isn't open world. Areas are instanced, so you'll only be able to interact with your party outside of town. Towns are public, though.

There is a PVP-based league type called cut-throat in which players can join each other's instances to hunt them down and fight.

The notice board is basically a party-finder.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Last edited by WhiteBoy on Jul 9, 2012, 9:16:44 AM
"
etonalagi wrote:
Is this like an MMO? Like Mythos?

No. The "regulary" world is completely instanced, with a cap of 6 players (max. party size) outside of the towns, and can only be entered alone or in parties.
The towns itself have a cap of 32 chars( if I remember it right).
Beside this, there will game modes coming like Cut Throat, where the instances have "open entrances" to all players (for PvP fights), but even then they are limited to 6 chars.

Summary: interaction between players is limited to towns, parties, and special PvP modes.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
There's a boat load of people chatting in the global chat pretty much all the time too.

I found it kind of hard to find a party for the first 10 levels, but after that (and especially in act 2), there's a decent amount of partys to join most of the time.
"
Beside this, there will game modes coming like Cut Throat, where the instances have "open entrances" to all players (for PvP fights), but even then they are limited to 6 chars.

Has this been confirmed? What's stopping 6 players who know each other IRL locking out all the spots in an instance, preventing PvP from occurring? Or better yet, 5 players who lock out all the other slots getting free ganks of completely solo players?

Really should be 12 possible slots with 6 player party max (maybe eliminate mob scaling beyond 6).
Last edited by TheMediator on Jul 9, 2012, 11:13:54 AM
I know that instances can hold more than 6 characters, but I'm not sure of what the cut-throat limit will be. It's possible that it may hold more to allow for party-vs-party fights.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
TheMediator wrote:
"

Has this been confirmed? What's stopping 6 players who know each other IRL locking out all the spots in an instance, preventing PvP from occurring? Or better yet, 5 players who lock out all the other slots getting free ganks of completely solo players?

Really should be 12 possible slots with 6 player party max (maybe eliminate mob scaling beyond 6).

The part of your post I've bolded is what they have done for their public tests of the Cutthroat league so far.
Saying anything on the matter one way or the other beyond that would just be speculation on my part, though.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
Sweeping Maid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type