Did anybody see a body armor with 5 connected sockets?

I have a body armor with 5 sockets. I just wasted 25 Jeweler Orbs trying to get them all connected. I guess I should have asked here first.

So, is it doable?

LATER EDIT: I meant ORBS OF FUSING.
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
Last edited by Kyliathy on Jul 9, 2012, 1:43:41 PM
Yes, though may require more than 25 Orbs of Fusing to get them all connected.

It's designed so that four connected sockets are definitely achievable, but five (and to a much greater extent, six) require a decent currency investment to achieve.

There was a pro player who complained hard that it was too difficult to get six linked sockets. After finally getting the sockets he wanted, he asked that we make it even harder to achieve them. It may seem frustrating at first, but we have designed the economy to last for some time!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jul 9, 2012, 6:53:14 AM
we all share your pain but the devs got a point.

if they made it too easy there would be little staying power in the game, where as now it could take you a few days worth of effective trading/farming to get a single 5 linked item. let alone a 6 linked.
Last edited by TheTaffer on Jul 9, 2012, 7:48:35 AM
I'm not in such a fantastic pain ::- D. As long as I know it's doable, I'll keep trying. Pain would be to spend 100 Fusings and not get 5 connected. Sure, it's also about luck, but you get my point.

Thanks for answering, Chris.
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
My two cents: as I said in my newbie's guide to loot, don't craft your own gear... Unless you're absolutely sure about what you're doing and the success ratio.

It's much better to trade. 5 of those jewellers could've gotten you a 5 link from a player that doesn't need it, I think. I've paid as little as an Alch for a 5-link Bone Armor. Granted, it's not endgame stuff but then again endgame stuff can't even drop right now.
Unavailable

here you go.. got it on Fusion orb #3. yes, just 3.

my 6 link though is already burning close to 30 fusions...
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
it's all about the luck of the precentage roll I've used maybe 40 fusings on a 5 link so far and not got 'em working together. *shrugs*

When I do of course my zombie warriors are going to be able to deal a whole world of pain. Well even more than they do already.

Watch out monkeys and Necromancers soon you'll fear my mindless minions. :D
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
Unavailable

Had a stack of 20 fusings, I think I used maybe 11 or so of them before it hit 5 link.

I understand I got stupid lucky on this, but I'm also someone that's used nearly 200 chance orbs and hasn't created a single unique.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Kyliathy wrote:
I have a body armor with 5 sockets. I just wasted 25 Jeweler Orbs trying to get them all connected. I guess I should have asked here first.

So, is it doable?

Um.....Jewelers orbs do not connect sockets.
"
"
Kyliathy wrote:

So, is it doable?

Um.....Jewelers orbs do not connect sockets.

actually they can. they just come with the more randomness factor of also possible changing the number of sockets and the socket colors.
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info