Do you think this game will be better than diablo 2?

Diablo 2 is still by far my favorite action RPG, I was really excite about diablo 3 until I played it for a week and it was a big disappointment. I found out about this game and am really excited to try it. I hope this game can be better than diablo 2, especially since that's a 12 year old game
"
yourxd43 wrote:
Diablo 2 is still by far my favorite action RPG, I was really excite about diablo 3 until I played it for a week and it was a big disappointment. I found out about this game and am really excited to try it. I hope this game can be better than diablo 2, especially since that's a 12 year old game

Talk about a loaded question. The reality is there will never be another D2. I find PoE just as enjoyable but it's a different (yet similar) game. Some will like it more, some less. At the same time I don't see it being played too much 12 years from now. That isn't a knock on PoE, there are very, very few that have that kind of a lasting appeal.

If you enjoy D2 then you'll likely enjoy PoE as well. Let's just leave it at that.
Last edited by RWTD_Burn on Jul 8, 2012, 1:55:12 PM
Personally, I don't know how people can play D2 now. It not the same game as I remember it, with people just redoing Tristram runs only over and over. It's bit too cookie cutter now I feel.

However with that said, I think Diablo 2 (and Diablo 1) will always be a classic. My memories of it playing D1 back in the late 90's and D2 in early 2000's will always be what it is.

I'll judge Path of Exile for what it is now. It is a completely different game with different gaming standards now than Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 had. And I hope for the best for the game.
I also want to say I don't mean a better game for the time. I know it won't have the impact diablo 2 had. Im just wondering if I'll have more fun playing this now or diablo 2
Even if I didn't enter Beta, but I hope i will soon enough, my opinion is that you just can't compare the two. D2 has a bigger fanbase and it did launch in June 2000, back then D2 was unique setting the tone for H'n'S RPGs. I believe somehow, after the launch, PoE will go on toe to toe against D2 among the hardcore RPG players. PoE too has a unique gameplay that I haven't seen till now.

Still, I can asure you PoE is waaaay better than the game which ended the Diablo franchise, the third one. On D3, Blizzard went for inovation, and that's why they failed.
In terms of innovation yes, in terms of gameplay and lasting appeal not yet but potentially yes.
Ah I see. I personally enjoy PoE more than D2 (as of today...not comparing playing at D2's launch XD)

Whether or not which game is better is obviously one's opinion. But I can say for sure, I am too disappointed with D3. There are some people that feels Diablo 3 is 'superior' and 'streamlined' (hate that word when it comes to RPG) and going the right path with Action RPG. I disagree with that completely.

In Path of Exile/Diablo 2, if I was to screw up my character. I rather it be due to me being a noob and not being able to play my character right or just took a wild stab at a crazy idea of a build but it simply didn't work out.

For Diablo 3, I 'screw up' my character only in two ways...refusing to buy items auction house and not being "lucky" after endless runs farming for Inferno mode.

Long story short, PoE will be a interesting game for you and I honestly feel it going the 'right' direction with ARPG. Sure it isn't perfect and rough around the edges but it's a awesome game. Take it for what it's worth. :)
No. Why? Because it already is ;)
If they dont screw this with too extensive cashshop and game changes after POE will go more mpopular (to appeal to more ppl and casuals) it will be best HnS ever created.

atm give me Act 3, endgame maps and 3x current unique items count and we have game that is comparable with D2LOD.
It seems that PoE will achieve that in 2-3 months.
Hard to judge with PvP currently not in the beta.
But I am pretty sure that PoE in its full glory will surpass D2.

Just imagine how awesome it will be in only a few months, with three acts, arenas, constant events and all the tech Russell needs to make effects.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Jul 8, 2012, 4:50:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info