Point Blank Burn Bow Marauder

Introduction:
The idea is to maximize the amount of fire damage dealt in a single attack in order to create the greatest burn to proliferate. This build takes advantage of Chin Sol’s fire damage and more importantly its 100% more damage at close range. Combined with Point Blank keystone this is 300% more damage. Ignite is pretty consistent--17% (BA lvl 8) + 44% (Chance to Ig lvl 20) + 14% (Flamm lvl 20) = 75% chance to ignite. Keystones are Resolute Techniques, Iron Reflexes, Iron Grip and Point Blank. Pretty self-explanatory but I'll just say that Iron Grip is good because the increased physical damage is a huge bonus to fire damage--40-50% converted by Blackgleam, +30% from burning arrow and +39% from added fire damage. Pretty fun to play. Run into pack, cast flammability and use BA a couple times and ignite should kill them quickly unless they're those extremely obnoxious cinder elementals.

Skill tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7ayqcql82fPdxPY8Lcautz56uK6Tplc64W6qMn507XrvYEsFLUCgIWB08Z65GNtDnA6tKaUUdXRBpMK4kwx9EH_GnqcIna4SaRcccXkabBmFJKo26eNq5CIpT-w4V-IyiXflBLMUTaIA8B8CcRo4p4SQVYKbWfPAGu9OMgmI8drd_MVnoId2Sn3-CvJF52MTW2TnVdY_JypNFSAs6d0N2CQ2xTbY8WzsVYgb74WD2_xLznFsFlb63Ub8TmOn

Skill:
Burning Arrow = Chance to Ignite = Elemental Proliferation = Fire penetration = Added Fire Damage = Weapon Elemental Damage

Auras:
Anger, Clarity (lvl 5), Grace off life -> 644 life
Purity, Determination, Vitality off mana

Pros:
-Insane single target because of point blank/Chin Sol
-Effective AoE
-High Survivability (287%, +60 life, ~6% life/sec regen, defensive bonus from % auras, 85% max res)
-Able to do damage while not attacking

Cons:
-Might have mana problems. I have mana leech and ~55% mana regen on rings. You might want to pick up a couple mana regen nodes (forget % mana because % auras gobble it up)
-Pretty gear dependent—Chin Sol, good Blackgleam, 6-Link (I highly recommend because it takes advantage of WED multiplier. Tabula Rasa is a last resort but 6l’s are relatively affordable nowadays) pretty specific jewelry
-Killing fire resist packs can be slow

Bandits:
Help Oak in normal and cruel. Get the skill point in merciless.

Gear Priority:
1. Acquire Chin Sol + Blackgleam + hopefully a 6L which the build revolves around
2. Max your resists and get life up
3. As much fire damage as possible on your gloves, rings, ammy
4. Try to get jewelry with mana regen and at least 1% mana steal
5. Quality Burning Arrow/ Chance to Ignite
6. A bit of dexterity will save you a passive point
7. Attack speed on gloves

My Gear :)
Spoiler

My Stats
Spoiler
DPS: 3428
Fire Damage: 1106-2513
Total Damage: 1165-2687
APS: 1.78
Armour: 11266
Resistances: 85
Chaos Res: -35
Life: 5028
Life per sec: 262
Mana: 474
Mana per sec: 24.5
Increased Burn Damage: 100%
Increased Burn Duration: 72%
ign Exdunn
Last edited by Exdunn on May 12, 2013, 5:43:03 PM
If you are trying to do large amounts of burn damage would "Increased Burn Damage" gem not be a better option that Weapon Elemental Damage?

especially with quality giving more chance to ignite?

Cool build anyway. I'm trying to do something similar from a Shadow start with High Crit to get the burn happening

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info