Ty ggg, 2h wasted for nothing.

"
I say this in every such thread:

Unexpected disconnects, dead keyboards, dead mouses, nagging wives, cats jumping on your lap, spilled coffee or soda, and other unforeseeable outside forces have killed tens of thousands of HC characters since the days of HC D2.

Suck it up.

Crap! You just told everyone 2 of the 3 excuses I planned to use when my HC character dies. At least I still have my 6 year old logged in with my account excuse left...

For the OP. Sh!t happens. As others have said this is a beta. Yes, it sucks but that's life sometimes. Be glad it was just a ladder run character and not a HC character that you had 40+ hours invested in.
Last edited by RWTD_Burn on Jul 7, 2012, 8:57:30 PM
"
Grizze wrote:
Went to HC race. Played for 2h, and i was on the top 10 on ladder on my ranger when i use a portal scroll to town and i dc. I come back and im in default league, what the fk? Thank you soooo verryyy mucchhhhhh.

GTFO and grow up, shit happens your in closed beta.

Please don't pm me asking for beta keys :)
"
Grizze wrote:
Went to HC race. Played for 2h, and i was on the top 10 on ladder on my ranger when i use a portal scroll to town and i dc. I come back and im in default league, what the fk? Thank you soooo verryyy mucchhhhhh.

It wasn't as black and white as you're making it out to be though. You were probably on low HP and definitely within range of monsters capable of killing you within a second or two max.

The bug is not that you died after going through the portal but that the game showed you going through the portal when it should have just showed you dying right in front of it.

This is one of the most noticeable problems caused by latency. It just happens that one usually always makes it through the portal instead of dying right in front of it.

You pushed it to far, took to much of a risk and died an honest death, don't shunt a physical network for it. Has nothing to do with the game.
On the loading screen:
"There will be bugs"
Try to be nice, he maybe didn't get the load screen that says 'bugs will happen' perhaps he chose to ignore the fact it's a game in BETA.

Don't tear him a new new one, yes it's tiresome, yes we've said it many time before....still.

OP:

We have all felt your pain one way or another, I suspect you're the same one that logged quickly after death. Done that many times,...but before you unleash your strings and arrows a little research please.

I have had many of the D/C's your talking about ones that in my frustrations especially as a witch have made my gaming life a nightmare. prison necro's anyone?
In my specific case it's down to my poxy isp incorrectly identifying my packets as being torrents and hence they attempt to throttle them. those lost packets or delayed ones are the difference between life and death in a busy arpg.

Before you rage anymore I would strongly suggest you run something like WINmtr and establish where the packet or response is lost. Personally I found all of mine were'lost'by my alleged provider. I'm tied in for a few more months, and refuse to pull out early and give the shysters something for nothing. Come contract end they can suck my (fill in the rest yourself)
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
I feel that this response has been beaten to death, but this is a beta. If you expect a flawless gaming experience (or at least as close to a flawless experience as they can provide) wait until the game is out of beta entirely.
If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!
"
Grizze wrote:

i sry to all the forum greats out there but i gotta say it...

you mad bro? >:P
"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
Perhaps you missed this towards the bottom of the announcement

"
Our decision on the winners is final. Bugs and mistakes will get in the way for many players and this is why we are running an event like this. If you lose your ability to participate due to a bug, please tell us about it and we'll do our best to fix it. We can't change the outcome of the event due to this.
Signed: Geldric, scribe of Oriath
Yeah, Shit happens, ya know. Both the person I was teamed up with and myself both died today at level 2, we got lag killed. Went started up and made it to level 8 this time before I had mouse problems that killed me. Thank god my new mouse will be here Monday (Logitech G700).

Moral is, don't get mad dude, it's only a game.
.....And that's all I have to say about that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info