Is closed beta worth investing in?

Looks like a very polished, interesting game... that could fill the void that D3 has left in the ARPG world!

My question is whether it is still worth investing in the closed beta, considering the open beta is due in August? As I understand it, all characters / items etc get wiped when this moves to open beta - so am I just too late to the party to make the closed beta worthwhile?

Don't see it as an investment or a purchase.
Yes, the Open Beta is programmed to Late August, it all depends on:
1.-Do you want to SUPPORT PoE and the GGG team?
(Remember the game is and will be F2P :) )

I had the luck and the privilege to be granted a Beta Key, and Im loving the game so far, its just great.

Yes, everything will be wiped out once passed to Open Beta, but thats why it is a BETA after all, we're testing every feature available.

Go On, you won't regret it.
Ingame: BeardDude & MagicBeard. Feel free to add me.
Last edited by miskuamaku on Jul 7, 2012, 11:35:38 AM
dae=rnvghfgh
Well first of all you will get the experience from the closed beta so when you will be making a new character in open beta you can avoid making bad irreversible choices. Secondly supporting helps everyone, the community and the developers.
From what I've read and the video's I've seen POE looks to be very interesting. But I'd really like to check it out for myself to see if it's a game I'll be wanting to play and/or invest in.

Kinda feel like I got burnt on D3, and not wanting to make the same mistake twice.
Im asking myself the same question - and would invest, if i had more spare time atm.
Also you not only get a key but the points for your money, these will not be wiped afaik.
Again, for both posts above me.

PoE is and will be free to play, if you don't want to "invest" which is actually a support in exchange for Points and the Key.

Just wait until the Open Beta or the Game itself is launched.
Ingame: BeardDude & MagicBeard. Feel free to add me.
As mentioned Yes I think it is worth it for the support alone. The game is relly good so thats a bonus.

Dont look at it as a money grab toget into the game early see it as helping out a indie team to make a game better, take some pride in knowing that you had some small hand in helping that come to pass.

Or just wait. Nothing will stop people from buying supporter packaged after OB and I will up my support when the funding becomes available
Tu Meke GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info