Install (Drive) options?

Perhaps I was being careless and not paying attention, but I dont recall seeing an install option for another drive letter.

I have SSD's (RAID) as a boot drive and 4 WD Blacks, also RAID as storage.

Theres no real advantage to throwing a game on SSD'd except for load times, so I reserve it for commonly used apps and the OS (13 second W7 boot time).

So if there was an option, I missed it.

Hows about I move the files manually over to my storage drives? Im wondering if the game would think I'm trying something fishy by doing this? Obviously I dont want to uninstall and reinstall.

Pete
Evil Sysadmin
You can install to any drive location during the install process. As with most every programe it auto selects your default C:\programe files\grinding gear\ etc etc. but allows you to change it from there.

Choose a fresh location, run the installer then copy across the file content.ggpk from your old installation location.

When you then run the patcher (the bit that fires up when you start the game) it will check what you have adjust for any appropriate changes and you should be good to go.
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
Yes thanks,. Figured there was an option (usually is) but I guess I just blew by it in my impatience/excitement to get the ball rolling ;)

Pete

EDIT: I just moved the entire directory to D:/program files (x86). W7 re-linked the desktop shortcut by itslef. Entire process took 15 seconds.

Thank You for your reply.
Evil Sysadmin
Last edited by retsnimle on Jul 7, 2012, 10:17:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info