p/c new ring lori's lantern

"
torturo wrote:
This ring does exactly what it says : monsters will hit you (if you are going to be hit at all) by their lowest dmg roll.Nothing more.
And no,rolls are not considered as two independent hits.You are already hit,according to server,the question is how much will it be.

gotya,it's "damaging you " not "attacking you"
so basically this one is for those who runs lowlife build to not get crit
This ring does not affect crit possibility,just lowers the overall dmg,due to low dmg rolls.
It's imba ring btw,too OP.It's,roughly said, the equivalent of playing CI or LL build with a lot of armor,with zero investments in armor nodes or armor equipment.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 16, 2013, 9:48:54 AM
wow, this thing - making 2 or 3 uniques that are meant for a specific build is getting ridiculus.
It's funny how those are mostly supporter designs..
I always felt that there was something wrong with paying to get a unique designed, now I know why. They mostly ruin the game.
This ring is really good against lightning damage, since it typically has huge damage intervals. When the damage interval is something like 10-1000 getting unlucky damage against you could really make a lot of difference.
However, it is a niche item. Especially since it only works on Low Life.
"
Antistes wrote:
wow, this thing - making 2 or 3 uniques that are meant for a specific build is getting ridiculus.
It's funny how those are mostly supporter designs..
I always felt that there was something wrong with paying to get a unique designed, now I know why. They mostly ruin the game.

This was my item and for the record, I wanted the unlucky mod to be independent of low-life. However during testing GGG informed me that this ring would be far, far too strong without low-life as a limitation.

As somebody said earlier the mod is as good as a ton of armor, without requiring any armor.

Edit -- oh, and my original mod idea was simply "You Take No Extra Damage from Critical Hits" but that too was seen as far too good, because it combined with the passive nodes that reduce crit damage such that monsters would less than normal damage when they crit.

In general GGG makes the call on the item, supporters don't get the final say, and nor should they, as people have requested far more outrageously imba items than my original idea.
Last edited by TakenNotGranted on Jan 7, 2014, 2:24:58 PM
TH-TH-TH-THREAD NECRO, Necro, necro...
"
Terrornoid wrote:
TH-TH-TH-THREAD NECRO, Necro, necro...

But a pleasant one. Thanks for the info, TakenNotGranted. :-)
i rly love this ring besides the unlucky effect i especially like the chaos res this ring basicly allows me to run blood rage on low life without losing too much
Last edited by k0rik4 on Oct 11, 2014, 2:35:38 PM
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info