The New Reverb Is Horrible

Glad to see there's a thread about this. I quite liked the reverb in the caverns but the moment I unleashed the darkness, Oak was suddenly reverbing like crazy. :(
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Zerocloud411 wrote:
As a music producer, I laughed hard when I heard the act 2 NPCs that are standing in a free field in a dense forest sounding like they were in a deep cavern. Having no reverb at all would be far more realistic than what it's set to right now...and the reverb being used is very artifical...A convulution reverb would be a lot more appropriate than an algorithmic, which is what it sounds like. I love the game but the audio guy needs to step his game up imo.

maybe a very slight "echo" would fit this specific area better, but besides that i absolutely love the reverb effect in dungeons and caverns!
"
patroche wrote:
"
Zerocloud411 wrote:
As a music producer, I laughed hard when I heard the act 2 NPCs that are standing in a free field in a dense forest sounding like they were in a deep cavern. Having no reverb at all would be far more realistic than what it's set to right now...and the reverb being used is very artifical...A convulution reverb would be a lot more appropriate than an algorithmic, which is what it sounds like. I love the game but the audio guy needs to step his game up imo.

maybe a very slight "echo" would fit this specific area better, but besides that i absolutely love the reverb effect in dungeons and caverns!

Why exactly would there be any echo in a free field forest?
I make music.
actually it's no echo you're right. Maybe a slighter reverb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdIJ2x3nxzQ
okay, I'm pretty much going to scrap having a reverb effect when the darkness falls :P

The audio guy.
If you want an audible change when the darkness falls, why not do that with the music instead? A variant that is more disturbing, haunting and conveys an urgency to get rid of the darkness. And what can that be? You'll probably solve it more tastefully but some suggestions might be to switch major chords to the parallel minor to fool the listener, add some dissonant notes here and there, maybe fool around with borrowed chords, up the tempo like in the good ol' Mario games, etc.

Just my 2 cents.
"
Illviljan wrote:
If you want an audible change when the darkness falls, why not do that with the music instead? A variant that is more disturbing, haunting and conveys an urgency to get rid of the darkness. And what can that be? You'll probably solve it more tastefully but some suggestions might be to switch major chords to the parallel minor to fool the listener, add some dissonant notes here and there, maybe fool around with borrowed chords, up the tempo like in the good ol' Mario games, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Just stack 20 clustertones on top of each other and make sure they clip, it'll do the trick.
I make music.
"
Zerocloud411 wrote:
"
Illviljan wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

Just stack 20 clustertones on top of each other and make sure they clip, it'll do the trick.

No, 11 would be enough.
"
Andrew_GGG wrote:
okay, I'm pretty much going to scrap having a reverb effect when the darkness falls :P

I wouldn't get rid of it entirely. It's not quite right as it is, but I think a relatively increased reverb effect during the darkness is interesting.
since the new patch the reverb enabled seems to be bugged again, the townspeople (and my char) have extreme echos :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info