The New Reverb Is Horrible

As a music producer, I laughed hard when I heard the act 2 NPCs that are standing in a free field in a dense forest sounding like they were in a deep cavern. Having no reverb at all would be far more realistic than what it's set to right now...and the reverb being used is very artifical...A convulution reverb would be a lot more appropriate than an algorithmic, which is what it sounds like. I love the game but the audio guy needs to step his game up imo.
I make music.
"
Zerocloud411 wrote:
As a music producer, I laughed hard when I heard the act 2 NPCs that are standing in a free field in a dense forest sounding like they were in a deep cavern. Having no reverb at all would be far more realistic than what it's set to right now...and the reverb being used is very artifical...A convulution reverb would be a lot more appropriate than an algorithmic, which is what it sounds like. I love the game but the audio guy needs to step his game up imo.

**note haven't logged in since patch**

I would post this in the audio feedback, the audio guy does actually read that part and would be able to discuss this
You can turn it off in options for once.
"

Thanks. Now my audio's back to normal. :D
Thanks for moving the thread to the correct section, didn't realize there was an audio one. And I personally think I'll leave it on, it's pretty funny but I imagine that isn't the intention.
I make music.
The reverb objectively sounds great, a lot of depth and emotion that prior to the patch I did not feel; but in terms of contexts (e.g. how voices should sound on a cold open beach / camp / in a forest / tomb etc) they are really really out-of-place.
[Hardcore league]
IGN: Jeria / Metalgrid
Last edited by jerg on May 10, 2013, 3:58:23 AM
Awaiting next patch. The reverb is applied to every sound for me and it's really bad. When I untick it in options, it stays on. I'm assuming this is a bug as it's even on the character creation screen (walk fx and speech).
Yupp I just closed the game just to come here and say the reverb is terrible. Good to know you can turn it off.
"
jerg wrote:
The reverb objectively sounds great, a lot of depth and emotion that prior to the patch I did not feel; but in terms of contexts (e.g. how voices should sound on a cold open beach / camp / in a forest / tomb etc) they are really really out-of-place.

That makes no sense, how can a reverb "sound" objectively great? That is an opinion and can't be quantified. I personally think it sounds bad however you look at it, I could pull up Ableton Live's default reverb and probably get something more realistic...however my main concern is that the reverb doesn't match the locations, however good or bad it may sound out of context.
I make music.
"

Yay, thanks for the tip. I was mourning the loss of Nessa's frail thin voice. Reverb is an effect that's very easy to overdo when listening to a track in isolation. To maintain realism, each dialog segment should be auditioned in-game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info