Season Two, Event 114: 135 Minute Solo

This is a Signature Event. The top three experience value records across all signature races for each class wins an alternate art Demigod's Triumph at season end.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.

For information about Race Season Two, please check out this announcement!

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Triumph (Unique Golden Wreath) and 10 Reward Points
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 34: 10 Reward Points
  • Level 29-33: 7 Reward Points
  • Level 26-28: 6 Reward Points
  • Level 24-25: 5 Reward Points
  • Level 21-23: 4 Reward Points
  • Level 15-20: 3 Reward Points
  • Level 8-14: 1 Reward Point

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.

• Normal difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Hillock (Twilight Strand): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Medicine Chest (Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fairgraves (Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Deep Dweller (Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:

• Normal difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Normal difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Old Fields Cave: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points
  • Cruel difficulty Catacombs: 2 Reward Points

Random Prizes:
Each Reward Point you earn in this race counts as a ticket in a random draw for one of the following items:

• Alternate Art Karui Ward Unique Item (20 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Shiversting Unique Item (5 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Quill Rain Unique Item (2 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Onyx Amulet Item (1 available to be won)

Totally not my day. First double crit double smashed with stun at 2h Turbo by brutus and then terrible drops so I couldn't see anything due non existant light radius.
Now when there was so many good witch players in race, I died twice lol... :D
Would have been nice to see how I'm able to compete against them.
Better luck next time.
Last edited by Salq on May 13, 2013, 2:21:19 PM
Playing as a Ranger, Fire Fury gave up this:

Then I found a GCP on Tidal Island

The helm didn't seem suited to my Ranger but worked well enough through the submerged passage.

Found a couple of nice orbs:

Then died to Brutus due to laziness (couldn't be bothered to kite when I thought I had him low enough) :-(
Gear was so depressing through act1 that I just wanted to cut my losses and go do something else. Wasn't too much better in act2 save for some move speed boots, and at this point I'm just not even caring anymore. Nature calls in act3, and when I get back 5 minutes later I'm so out of it that I die to some random trash in City of Sarn. All in all 2 hours well spent...
Not very good at racing yet, but set a personal record of level 17, just one or two kills shy of 18. Also, first time in the class top 20 !!!
Last edited by CookieTough2 on May 13, 2013, 3:19:47 PM
Chickened out of confronting Merveil AGAIN:(b Farmed the coves for 35 minutes instead just to eek out 3 points. Gonna have to watch some pro streams next race for research/inspiration/courage.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
@obadonke: Did you get two Sapphire rings at the vendor :)? I obviously don't know what route you took as templar, but a ranged attack like fireball works nicely.

You can do it!

"
MartijnSD wrote:
@obadonke: Did you get two Sapphire rings at the vendor :)? I obviously don't know what route you took as templar, but a ranged attack like fireball works nicely.

You can do it!

thanks for the push :) I didn't see two sapphire rings at the vendor that I could afford but must admit I only checked once.

I took Ice Nova, Decoy Totem, Weapon Elemental Damage and Tempest Shield this time.

* Ice Nova - proving really efficient at cleaning up packs.
* Weapon Elemental Damage - to beef up glacial hammer.
* Decoy Totem - first time with this - very helpful at distracting mobs as I er...ran away :P
* Tempest Shield - first time. this wasn't very effective. I was thinking of vendoring it with an iron ring to buy a sapphire ring but (a) didn't find any iron rings and (b) didn't think of buying an iron ring to trade back :P Ooops.

Oh well, I'll keep trying!

EDIT: In case anyone comes back to this thread: I tried killing Merveil with this char after the race and REALLY struggled with her second form. Her cold resist pretty much nullified my glacial hammer + trying to get close enough to use it was very dangerous. It must have taken me 30 minutes to kill her.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
Last edited by obadonke on May 14, 2013, 12:58:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info