Build of the Week Video #4

Chris, I hope you guys keep doing these for some time. Each one I see I want to try to copy. DashGalaxy's build here looks super fun, and I am tempted to make one right now and just copy it straight up.

Although I would use two mana flasks instead of a hybrid.

Couple questions for Dash... when you do run out of mana does the attack speed make standard attacks at all effective at that level?

Also, would it be at all viable to use double strike instead? I ask because when you level the quality of that gem up, it gets an additional 10% attack speed.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Jul 6, 2012, 11:16:29 PM
I was preparing fast attacking archer for this spotlight, but now nominating has no sense :/ Had nearly 4 attacks per second at lvl 40, but had no luck for drop afterwards. Now i am searching for Thicket Bow with + attack speed in merciless, i can beat 5 attacks per second i hope :-D
damn that looks fun! Great build dash and happy anniversary
Team kiwi
Last edited by hawkey3 on Jul 7, 2012, 12:22:24 PM
"
Chris, I hope you guys keep doing these for some time. Each one I see I want to try to copy. DashGalaxy's build here looks super fun, and I am tempted to make one right now and just copy it straight up.

Although I would use two mana flasks instead of a hybrid.

Couple questions for Dash... when you do run out of mana does the attack speed make standard attacks at all effective at that level?

Also, would it be at all viable to use double strike instead? I ask because when you level the quality of that gem up, it gets an additional 10% attack speed.

I used double strike for a while, and it's soooo fast that it actually looks dumb. Which is kind of cool, but I found that the dual strike damage output is just superior.

As for mana, I run out of mana a lot but it never stays low because I can cleave huge crowds to refill my pots very quickly. It's a mana hungry build for sure, but there's balance to it, and my basic attack is strong enough to still do good damage to simple mobs.

EDIT: It might also be worth mentioning that I have Life Gain Per Hit on Dual Strike and Cleave, last time I checked, which is pretty OP and makes it really tough to get hurt with such a build. Indeed, I'm considering throwing out all HP potions but one and replacing them with dedicated mana pots after reading everyone's criticisms.
Last edited by teacherpeter on Jul 8, 2012, 12:01:17 AM
"
zriL wrote:
Chris, I thought you wanted something complicated this week. This week and last week were pretty standard builds.

I liked dash's build enough to pick it over the super complex ones I was considering :) Should be interesting picking one for this week though!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Looks good.
"

I used double strike for a while, and it's soooo fast that it actually looks dumb. Which is kind of cool, but I found that the dual strike damage output is just superior.

As for mana, I run out of mana a lot but it never stays low because I can cleave huge crowds to refill my pots very quickly. It's a mana hungry build for sure, but there's balance to it, and my basic attack is strong enough to still do good damage to simple mobs.

EDIT: It might also be worth mentioning that I have Life Gain Per Hit on Dual Strike and Cleave, last time I checked, which is pretty OP and makes it really tough to get hurt with such a build. Indeed, I'm considering throwing out all HP potions but one and replacing them with dedicated mana pots after reading everyone's criticisms.

Thanks! I am level 26 now with pretty much a carbon copy coming along. I think that if you are one hitting single targets, double strike is more effective. If not, then dual strike is.

I was running for a while with an OP rare that required lvl 16, but I am still using it at 26 with nothing I have picked up thus far coming close. But I am no longer one hitting everything so have started using dual strike and it is working better.

Edit: Posted the item I was referring to:
Unavailable
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Jul 8, 2012, 12:20:31 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info