Mentor league

I just got in ]to thr game and am having a blast. I was thinking of things that would help promote positive interaction and would love for a mentor league. I would pay money to set up a league where the winner is the one who gives most back to the community.

The points would be granted from request by the pupils. Pupils would get 1 request/question for the tutor per day and 1 per level after lvl 5. Upon completion pupils could click award tutor and the tutor would get one point. More than one request could be made but only one per day/level would award points.

No benefits during the league should be granted to keep the purpose of the league focused on actually helping new players to the game/league and would deter artificial inflation. An ideal reward would be a tutor icon or forum title to the top 5 or 10 percent and a grand tutor for top 1 percent.

Thank you for your time and sorry for any grammer/spelling errors(did this on my phone.)

Kings to you GGG.
I'm gonna bump this- I'm all in favour of the proposed mentor system.

Even without a league, new players could have a tickbox on character creation, something like

'if you are new to path of exile, would you like us to assign you a mentor? this player will help you get to know the game, answer any on-the-fly questions you might have, and maybe even party up with you and help you gain loot!'

and character creation could also have a 'click this to become a mentor' tickbox.

the system could have mutual benefits, like both players getting a small amount of cashop money, or mentors getting 'mentor points' as mentioned above.

Details would of course be up to GGG but I think its a brilliant idea to implement a mentor system.
I have always been a fan of mentor systems, but in some free to play games the purpose can easily get lost when to many bonus' are given for having a huge student pool. I would love to see any form of mentoring, I cannot think of any negative times I was affected by a mentor I had in game (but in some pvp games other mentor's pupils did get me pretty good >.< Eu Demons >.< ). Hence why i am not a fan of giving buffs for just being a mentor.

Any system would be awesome at all, just thought a league would fit best/easiest with PoE.
Kings to you GGG.
Yeah it'd be a good system to foster reputation, and hopefully good manners!
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
Nah. This is not a MoBa game.
You learn plenty while just playing the game, and if you don't, no mentor is going to make that any better.

(And it's not like you need to be a l33t pro to have fun anyway.)
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Jul 6, 2012, 7:56:51 AM
I think there will be noob clans and elite guilds and all of that once the grouping system is implemented. It should be easy enough to find friends to tell you what the forums already say.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info