I wonder what would happen if the Diamond Supporters...

"
YoMicky wrote:

My guess is that GGG might become stricter on the item design. When you consider how huge of an addition to the item system maps are going to be, 200 uniques really doesn't seem all that large. I would guess that GGG wants to make 1 unique of most if not every item type by themselves before they let players make more uniques.

Uniques can be a big part of lore in games like these, so I don't see GGG using every Diamond Supporter's unique to fill them all in.

Hell, GGG might find another offer instead of unique item design (cosmetic item design and/or custom pets/monster skins in zones maybe?) if they start to see a flood of Diamond Supporters wanting to make uniques.

A lot of possibilities to branch out on, I love it!

Maybe, or they'll just work very closely on the balance and the aesthetic. Which is actually what has already happened. I certainly didn't get everything I wanted as the item's designer, but I definitely got the bits that I considered important. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
what happens when the End Game Maps and the PvP updates are so awesome that PoE gets 100-200 Diamond Supporter :D? (PvP could be the big Winner because "the other game" does not have it right now)

That would be much work, 100-200 Uniques xD

Trust me, while some of us are drooling for those to be added, many of us would donate the $1000 right now if we could afford it. That is how much we believe in GGG's vision for PoE and our devotion to supporting.

Or a more tl:dr version, "they had me at hello" :P
Wow, so many Diamonds. I'm glad to see the collection is growing. =)

It wasn't long ago that I was the newest diamond supporter, and already, I'm almost in the middle.

What I'd Like to See if There Are 50 Diamond Supporters:

If the "Diamond Club" reaches 50, I'd like to see GGG support kiwi bird conservations. Maybe financially, or perhaps more importantly, through awareness and a heads up on what's going on, which organization needs help, what can we do, etc.

From what I read, currently out in the wild, only about 5% of kiwi chicks make it to adulthood. This is largely due to newly introduced predators (dogs, cats, ferrets, etc...), because beforehand, kiwis didn't really have any natural predators. However, in conservatories, this number goes up to around 50%.

I think this is especially appropriate, because most of the supporter packs have a kiwi pet. ^^
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
Last edited by ac429 on Jul 6, 2012, 1:30:24 PM
When I saw the potential to be a Diamond Supporter, I seriously looked at my Bank Statement and had to make a hard decision.

As soon as I decided I'd hold off a bit, my first legendary dropped. It was awesome (for me at least)

Blacheart, Iron Ring:

+1-4 phys dmg
+5% phys dmg
+1-3 chaos dmg
+19 max life
90 life/minute
10% fear on hit.

I am now considering it again :p

Especially considering I've made $300 from D3's RMAH, so it would really only cost me 700. Let me see if I can close that gap a little bit first before Open Beta.
Last edited by Piev on Jul 6, 2012, 1:06:11 PM
"
Lazerus wrote:
Now if only we could get all the diamonds to comment in this thread...

Checking in...
Diamond Supporter since 2012-04-24.
I think it will be more interesting to see what is going to happen when 100 000 ex-diablo fans arrive and all start yelling and screaming for a changes (because it's too hard, and you know, there are DEAD BABIES!!) ...
I expect we'll be quite busy should that happen.

Personally I'm not really betting on it. Path of Exile is unapologetically complex and demanding, and if GGG were to change that to pander to a lower common denominator, they'd lose what I consider to be their core audience: the supporters. And I'm sure they're not dumb enough to cater to a crowd of 100,000 free-loaders at the expense of 10,000 loyal players who showed their support for the game's original vision in a number of ways.

If you mean the forum and its moderation, well, heh, I have an 80s training montage ready to get me in shape for any possible challenges. I created it based on my observations of the more experienced mods' action scenes. Just trying to get the rights to 'Eye of the Tiger'...(and failing that, 'Mad World' by Tears for Fears might do the job, or maybe 'Dare to be stupid' by Weird Al...)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Methodical_Prodigy on Dec 28, 2012, 1:48:12 PM
"
ac429 wrote:
Wow, so many Diamonds. I'm glad to see the collection is growing. =)

It wasn't long ago that I was the newest diamond supporter, and already, I'm almost in the middle.

What I'd Like to See if There Are 50 Diamond Supporters:

If the "Diamond Club" reaches 50, I'd like to see GGG support kiwi bird conservations. Maybe financially, or perhaps more importantly, through awareness and a heads up on what's going on, which organization needs help, what can we do, etc.

From what I read, currently out in the wild, only about 5% of kiwi chicks make it to adulthood. This is largely due to newly introduced predators (dogs, cats, ferrets, etc...), because beforehand, kiwis didn't really have any natural predators. However, in conservatories, this number goes up to around 50%.

I think this is especially appropriate, because most of the supporter packs have a kiwi pet. ^^

This is an awesome idea. If we hit 60 Diamonds, the 'Diamond Anniversary/Jubilee', I think it'd be perfect.

"
If you mean the forum and its moderation, well, heh, I have an 80s training montage ready to get me in shape for any possible challenges. I created it based on my observations of the more experienced mods' action scenes. Just trying to get the rights to 'Eye of the Tiger'...(and failing that, 'Mad World' by Tears for Fears might do the job, or maybe 'Dare to be stupid' by Weird Al...)

Haha yes, I meant this but i can see you are well prepared mister :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info