I wonder what would happen if the Diamond Supporters...

"
How many golds are there? Seems they're becoming the most common (which is nucking futs if you think about it, because $250 is a ton of green).
Heh, bit of a skewed sample though. Stands to reason that people willing to spend big chunks of money on a free game are probably going to be more visible on the forum than their population would imply.
"
dust7 wrote:
"
Oh I definitely didn't want this to become a gloat-thread, or even an I-wish thread.

What did you expect? There's nothing to discuss here.

And yet discussion is going on. Go figure.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
How many golds are there? Seems they're becoming the most common (which is nucking futs if you think about it, because $250 is a ton of green).

Nucking Futs, Sir yes sir!

Us little country bumpkins needs to stick together and support the lads that do good stuff.
Yeah no, I have no keys left. Sorry to disappoint.
"
At least 46, with Notch added to the count.

46 Diamonds? The last time I saw a count on the forums we were up to 13, then Notch made 14?

I ask cause we only really see two or three regular Diamonds post on the forums, or even hang out in game which I thought was consistent with the 13 number count but 46? Shouldn't we be seeing a lot more of those 46 posting on the forums?
"
Maverickroll wrote:
"

46 Diamonds? The last time I saw a count on the forums we were up to 13, then Notch made 14?

I ask cause we only really see two or three regular Diamonds post on the forums, or even hang out in game which I thought was consistent with the 13 number count but 46? Shouldn't we be seeing a lot more of those 46 posting on the forums?

Chris stated this number in a stream a few days ago, so it's true.
Ah, well that's awesome then :) We've got an influx of Diamonds. Good to hear more people supporting the game in a major way. I'd kill to be a Diamond but with a family to help support irl, I just can't plunk down the cash for it (plus if I had the cash I'd get a new PC to play PoE on since my laptop doesn't run it very well).

Either way glad to hear we're almost at 50.
"
"
dust7 wrote:
"
Oh I definitely didn't want this to become a gloat-thread, or even an I-wish thread.

What did you expect? There's nothing to discuss here.

And yet discussion is going on. Go figure.

Not really about your question though. Nobody can know what GGG will do once the diamond supporter count hits a certain threshold.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
Maverickroll wrote:
"

To be honest, most of the Diamonds I've spoken to are quite humble and keep to themselves. Usually they'd just PM me for advice re: unique design and custom avatar. I can think of fifteen off the top of my head who've messaged me and never posted on the forum, or maybe only once or twice.

Also, now that you can hide the status, only GGG really can tell how many there are.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
what happens when the End Game Maps and the PvP updates are so awesome that PoE gets 100-200 Diamond Supporter :D? (PvP could be the big Winner because "the other game" does not have it right now)

That would be much work, 100-200 Uniques xD
IGN: kReiZy
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
what happens when the End Game Maps and the PvP updates are so awesome that PoE gets 100-200 Diamond Supporter :D? (PvP could be the big Winner because "the other game" does not have it right now)

That would be much work, 100-200 Uniques xD

My guess is that GGG might become stricter on the item design. When you consider how huge of an addition to the item system maps are going to be, 200 uniques really doesn't seem all that large. I would guess that GGG wants to make 1 unique of most if not every item type by themselves before they let players make more uniques.

Uniques can be a big part of lore in games like these, so I don't see GGG using every Diamond Supporter's unique to fill them all in.

Hell, GGG might find another offer instead of unique item design (cosmetic item design and/or custom pets/monster skins in zones maybe?) if they start to see a flood of Diamond Supporters wanting to make uniques.

A lot of possibilities to branch out on, I love it!
Last edited by YoMicky on Jul 6, 2012, 7:11:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info