Point to make a different class ?

Right now I only see 2 points :

1- The looks and animation
2- where you start on the skill tree

I haven't played in a few months now , let me know if something changed or if they're planning to change that.

Also a minor difference in starting stats, and different skill gems for quest rewards. But yes, depending on your build, that doesn't always add up to a whole lot (especially once you've got enough spare skill gems in your stash). It isn't intended to be a game with clearly defined class boundaries.
Well skill gems are not much of an incentive persay as you get so many of em to trade for whatever you want.

Alright , guess that answers it.. I'll just stick with who has the best animations !
Yeah those 2 points pretty much it, and it as intended.

There are incentive to have "multiple characters" since as of right now there isn't "full respec" options, so if you wanna make a character with a specific builds.
This is why, when most players are asking about your character, they don't ask what class you're playing but rather about what passives you have.

This is very good for replayability, though it is difficult to wrap your head around when starting out. If the skills were locked to all but one or two classes and the passive tree was divided up, there probably wouldn't be much reason to make more than one or two versions of a certain class. This way, there is an amazing amount of variation possible.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
rainfou wrote:
2- where you start on the skill tree

Do not underestimate this.
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera
Most builds I create there is one class that stands out as best with that particular build. Sometimes its a difference of 1 point, sometimes its a difference of 8 points.

So it can have a big impact, at the same time it effects your leveling process as well.

I hope people aren't upset about it, I really like the system. Plenty of other games have defined classes.
I like!

I LIKE
When I heard about cutthroat league I had a vision of a place, and in that place I saw a man, and in that man I saw my sword, and in my inventory I saw his loot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info