+%spell damage + poison arrow

Does the +%spell damage effect the damage over time component of poison arrow? I'm just wondering since the damage over time component is not based on weapon damage.

Thanks!
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
Nope. The only things that I have found to increase poison arrow's damage per second are the vulnerability curse and of course putting it in a +1 to bow skills bow. You can get a lot of skill duration and buff/debuff duration to increase the total damage done, but I don't know of any other way of improving the degeneration value.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Nope. The only things that I have found to increase poison arrow's damage per second are the vulnerability curse and of course putting it in a +1 to bow skills bow. You can get a lot of skill duration and buff/debuff duration to increase the total damage done, but I don't know of any other way of improving the degeneration value.

Alrighty, thanks!
The increased duration support gem will make it last longer!
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
TheRabbit303 wrote:
The increased duration support gem will make it last longer!

Is a must have imo, also buff+debuff duration nodes, 3 of them between marauder and templar are worth getting. You may not kill really fast, but with a long duration you can hit and run, or hit multiple places and progress faster than a high dps build, might take time to go collect loot, but thats up to you.
Poison arrow with increased duration and area of effect is an amazingly safe build that I think should be fixed. It's ridiculously safe and it's not too slow for killing groups. I don't mind hit-run builds, but it seems like too much power is loaded into one skill. Poison Arrow seems a bit too easy to exploit.

But maybe that's just me. And I did end up losing my HC Ranger even though I was playing really safe with it.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Jul 5, 2012, 4:53:21 PM
My ranger uses poison arrow. Can clear MOC solo, trouble with 2 players; stays at the back with three or more. Its a fun build
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!
It's a fun build, I don't think they should nerf it. You can't brag about anything like DPS. It shouldn't be a DPS race, like it is in D3. This build is just an alternative, and it does require some finesse.

And, it's totally not PVP viable. =P
Last edited by ac429 on Jul 6, 2012, 2:36:25 PM
also the shock status debuff can increase poison (and other DoT's) because it increases all damage the afflicted takes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info