For account or payment issues (i.e account compromised, payment didn't work etc) Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hacked Accounts & Security
A list of important account security threads.
- "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package"
An issue that can occur when running the POE installer for the first time (solution at page 2)
- Common Installing/Running issues
See the first half of Rory's common technical problems page.
~Graphics Card Issues~
- Game not detecting a dedicated graphics card
- 3d troubleshooting resources & research, work in progress
Suggestions for low performance, include turning off tessellation, setting game priority, clean driver installation etc.
~Client Crash / Fail to Load~
- Blue Screen of Death with some sound cards
Using "--softwareaudio" and other workarounds
- Failed Creating the Direct3D device (D3D)
crash from a user using Radeon 7700 HD
- General Network troubleshooting
Systematic checklist covering basic connectivity problem areas
- Using a VPN to avoid connection issues.
Some ISPs can be problematic for POE, this post details one workaround.
~Running POE on Mac & Linux~
- WINE info thread
This is a program used to open Windows based apps in Unix based OS, such as Linux or Mac OS. Posted by discomfitor
(Links to Beta General Discussion.)
- Unofficial Mac OS X PoE port v4.1
Unofficial porting to Mac. (Links to Beta General Discussion.)
~Optimization & Other Guides~
- Run WinMTR / trace route
Helps investigate the origin of poor connection speed.
- Set up a RAM disk
Useful to help smooth the jolt when some elements are loaded during gameplay.
- Run a Pack Check
Helps with corrupted files.
- List of Command Line Launch Options
Start Path of Exile with various modifiers, i.e with disabled sound or patching.
- Link your items in a forum post
Useful for trading and showing off items.
- Improve the load time and graphics performance
Using a RAMdisk to add L2 cache, easy way to boost performance.
- GGPK Defragmenter
Defragments Path of Exile's GGPK files, can free up a decent amount of space if the game has been patched often.
Guide for getting SLI and Driver-level AA to work
A short walkthrough on how a user managed to get SLI and Driver-level AA working. Please note that this only applies to Nvidia GPU's.