New computer £1500 to spend

Hey guys. Im not the best at making these decisions and want a bit of a head start. I know some people like doing this and seeing what they can get so any help is appreciated. Im competent enough in building the computer myself so parts is fine.

I LIVE IN THE UK - co.uk sites :P

I already have a computer - I want a great gaming machine.

EDIT: All items decided - came out at £1530. Cant wait for it to arrive

So here's the shopping list in order of priorities

TOP priority items (spare less expense - i want very good ones)

1) SSD (pref 256gb) (DECIDED - Crucial CT256M4SSD2 256GB M4 SATA III 6Gb/s)
2) GeForce grpahics card (DECIDED - 2 x GIGABYTE NVIDIA GTX660Ti)
3) Processor [DECIDED - Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU]

Middle priority

4) Mobo (DECIDED - Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE Motherboard)
5) TFT monitor ( DECIDED - BenQ GL2450HM 24 inch Widescreen LED Multimedia Monitor)
6) PSU (DECIDED - Seasonic 750W M12II Bronze Series Modular Power Supply)
7) Case (DECIDED - Cooler Master HAF X USB 3.0 XL ATX Case)
8) Cooling [DECIDED Noctua - Heatsink + Fan CPU Cooling Kit - Dual Fan - NH-D14]
9) RAM (DECIDED - Crucial BLS2CP4G3D1609DS1S00CEU Sport 8GB Kit)

Low priroty (spare expense where possible)

10) DVD drive (DECIDED - Liteon Ihas124 24x Dvd±rw (dual ±r)/ram Sata Drive)
11) HDD (DECIDED - Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive)
12) Anything i might have missed? - dont think so. See below for items def not needed

I do not need (i have these already)

1) Keyboard
2) Mouse
3) OS
4) DVDRW etc - i have a second computer i can do this one
5) Dual screen capabilities (again have on second computer)
6) fantastic sound - for films etc i love my sound and i have surround on my second computer but i play rpgs.... its not that important generally
Last edited by DexDeus on May 6, 2013, 5:47:35 AM
Here is a rig i built last month & I feel it is very good performance to price. I bought it all from Amazon & even got free delivery from the UK to Portugal.

Parts:

Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77, Up to 32GB DDR3, ATX, 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, Supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX, Premium Gol

Kingston KHX1866C11D3P1K2/8G 8GB 1866MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 DIMM HyperX Plug and Play Memory Module (Kit of 2)

GeForce GTX 560ti Video Card

Corsair Gold AX650 Professional Series Power Supply

Noctua - Heatsink + Fan CPU Cooling Kit - Dual Fan - NH-D14

Asustek Xonar DX/XD PCI-E Low Profile Sound Card

Crucial CT256M4SSD2BAA 256GB m4 2.5-inch Internal SSD with 3.5 Inch Adapter Bracket
Last edited by lethal_papercut on May 5, 2013, 12:53:44 PM
Asrock mobo's are garbage.
560ti is last gen. Why would you get that when you coudl get a 7870 or a 660?

Get an SSD op. The single biggest boost to your pc's responsiveness, boot time, and app loading.

An I5 ( or 8350?) what ever fits your budget, 8gb of ram a solid mobo, solid psu ( think xfx, or Corsair), and a 7870+ /660+
You'll be good for a few years.

+1 to the Noctua heatsink though. I got a NH-D14. what a beast it is.

And there's nothing wrong with AMD gpu's. Unless you're talking about multi-gpu config, Nvidia tends to have quicker updates for profiles. the best bang for your buck currently for single config is AMD. That is a fact.
A 7870 walks all over the 660. You have to spend more ( a fair bit more) and get a 660ti to beat a 7870, and it's not even much better.

I'm not gonna shop for ya. Take the best brand names for mobo, ssd and psu, and find a deal.

Edited, i thought he suggested a I7. 3570K is right on.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 5, 2013, 1:32:32 PM
had to login to laugh at op priority 1-SSD, 9-RAM, and guy dissing i7 for gaming experience LOL... made my day :)

omg omg! there is also recommendation for after market heat sink! hahah priceless :D
Last edited by AintCare on May 5, 2013, 1:19:42 PM
"
AintCare wrote:
had to login to laugh at op priority 1-SSD, 9-RAM, and guy dissing i7 for gaming experience LOL... made my day :)omg omg! there is also recommendation for after market heat sink! hahah priceless :D

If you think I7 does something for gaming, you seriously need to never ever post on any forum regarding pc hardware.

Also your "omg omg" at aftermarket cooling..... apparently you don't over clock at all. So again, you're credibility is nill. None. Zero.
Notice the "K" with I5's /I7's? OR the FX or " black edition" for AMD? That means the multiplier is unlocked.... you know...for overclocking...which you need adequate cooling to do.
Schools out idiot. Go away.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 5, 2013, 1:23:54 PM
"
"
AintCare wrote:
had to login to laugh at op priority 1-SSD, 9-RAM, and guy dissing i7 for gaming experience LOL... made my day :)omg omg! there is also recommendation for after market heat sink! hahah priceless :D

If you think I7 does something for gaming, you seriously need to never ever post on any forum regarding pc hardware.

Also your "omg omg" at aftermarket cooling..... apparently you don't over clock at all. So again, you're credibility is nill. None. Zero.

hold on hold on! this is getting better! :D so why do you OC a CPU if the CPU doesn't matter for gaming? :D haha

"
AintCare wrote:
"
"
AintCare wrote:

hold on hold on! this is getting better! :D so why do you OC a CPU if the CPU doesn't matter for gaming? :D haha

I didn't say the cpu doesn't matter. I said I7 does nothing for gaming. IE: the hyperthreading.
A simple google search would lead you to similar discussions.
Actually, I accidentally thought the first responding guy was suggesting an I7...he's not. He suggested a I5 3570K. Which is absolutely a good recommendation.
But does an I7 do something for gaming? NOPE.

You're clueless. go away.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 5, 2013, 1:29:54 PM
"

I didn't say the cpu doesn't matter. I said I7 does nothing for gaming. IE: the hyperthreading.
A simple google search would lead you to similar discussions.
You're clueless. go away.

lol, this is hilarious

if you got a proper CPU you would not have to OC, oh and btw Im running i7 sandbox (yes the k-version lol) OC to 4.5gHz on a stock heat sink... what you might look into is that hyper threading is used in many games, and even older games release patches for it implementation... also alot of physics is computed in the CPU these days...

but hey! keep it up, you guys keep the economy going buying overpriced crap :)

this thread is awesome! :) win all to the end lol

oh and i OC not for gaming but for work... i7 holds strong for all games i play without OC, so you might want to upgrade that overheating i5 ;) spend some more moneh!! yeh, more money gotta be better ;)
Last edited by AintCare on May 5, 2013, 1:30:36 PM
You're so clue less, it's kinda sad guy.
The entire community of PC enthusiasts would have a hard laugh at you for suggesting I7 for gaming.

As for the rest of your babbling lol...I'm done with you. Waste of energy. Don't feed the troll and all that.
"
AintCare wrote:

if you got a proper CPU you would not have to OC

LOLOLOL
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 5, 2013, 1:33:36 PM
"
You're so clue less, it's kinda sad guy.
The entire community of PC enthusiasts would have a hard laugh at you for suggesting I7 for gaming.

As for the rest of your babbling lol...I'm done with you. Waste of energy. Don't feed the troll and all that.

i'm sure they would ;) with their light up computer cases with flames on them and flashing lights, and over sized heat sinks :) cuz it all adds to the gaming experience right? mister gaming community rep? XD

"I said I7 does nothing for gaming. IE: the hyperthreading." you understand that i5 uses 'hyperthreading' too right? lol this guy... is swear, he needs a cookie :)

this thread might be the most epic win threads of all lol
Last edited by AintCare on May 5, 2013, 1:38:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info