Shocking

Temporal chains has nothing whatsoever to do with modifying duration values. It modifies how much time the buff/debuff effect gets told has passed.
If 500ms have passed since the last tick, the buff will be told that only 250 ms will have passed, so will subtract that much from it's run time.

The duration is given when a buff/debuff starts, so if temporal chains affected that, it would not change any effects already on the target, and effects placed on the target while under chains would last longer even after the chains ran out.

Elemental status ailments are technically debuffs, they just aren't currently affected by buff/debuff duration increases, which are specifically for the effects of buffs/debuffs generated as the direct effects of skills, rather than as side effects from damage. This may change in future - we don't have enough categories for these stats, in my opinion (I'd prefer buffs and debuffs to have separate stats, among other things), and I have plans for changes to this system., but they are not a priority at the moment.
"
pneuma wrote:
I would assume that shock does not effect degeneration since it's not a true damage source (and there's no other way to buff that damage besides Vulnerability).
increased damage taken, such as from shocks, will affect degen as well.
"
tpapp157 wrote:
Thanks for all the info guys. Answered a lot of questions I had. Working on a new build concept that I think has a ton of potential.

Does the Wrath aura apply to spell damage or just weapon attacks?
Wrath specifically adds damage to attacks - it should say this on the gem's stat description, unless the description got messed up at some point.
"
KiaKun wrote:
i would really love to see charges expire one by one instead of as a group... i know the idea behind charges was not to use them as a buff... but would be much easier to keep multiple charge stacks up if a stack didn't all just vanish at once.
That's really unlikely to ever happen - it goes against some of the major points of the charge system and tries to make it into something it was never meant to be.
It's very much intended that there's a big difference between getting a charge in time to refresh the stack and not doing so - charges are supposed to make you feel rushed and cause you to push on if you want to keep them.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 3, 2012, 1:13:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info