Path of Exile and Grinding Gear Games Thanks!

I just want to say thanks for this fantastic game. First game in a long time I want to play over and over instead of forcing myself to because I forked out $60. I migrated over from D3 with all the other refugees by the way and I almost never post on forums.

I have a level 22 Duelist and started a Ranger the other night. I have had the game 6 days and if life wasn't so hectic as my girlfriend is sick in the hospital :(
I would love to put in a full day or perhaps weekend of time into this game, hopefully she will be better soon :D

Its a long weekend here in Canada and I am hoping to enjoy one of these days off by dual and flicker striking my foes into oblivion and completing normal difficulty.

I can't wait to get access to the random map room and see what the end game is like. Wish I had a chance to try the old system Maelstrom of Chaos (?).

Awesome Stuff:
Passive skill selection and sheer scope and variety of builds
Skill gems
Difficulty is not based on being hit for 3X your max life (at least so far)
The idea of the map system (can't wait to give it a try)
Art/Graphical Style (much darker than the other game)
Key-bindings like it should be
Nice community!
Grinding Gear Games constantly updating and even taking constructive criticism making a fun vs. profitable game.
Build of the week videos (this pretty much clinched it for me and I went and got a beta key)

Hopes:
Mouse over comparison of inventory/equipped
Trading capability
Chat window font, disable and size options. I can barely read the chat, and it is always about D3 anyways (maybe I am missing this and it already exists).
Voice chat, so I don't have to yell upstairs to my roommate (maybe this exists too?)

I am pretty sure all the things hoped for are in the works though. Considering this is a Beta and it feels like a pretty solid game already I have no complaints and am so excited my roommate and I pre-purchased beta access.

Things I could use help with:
Evasion versus Armor? How do I judge which is better?
Does having low Int effect my blue skill gems power?
Is there a way to see actual damage either in a combat log or even on the screen above the mob?
Disable chat window?
Is there a list of all the different skill gems?

Thanks again for this excellent game, it has been a needed source of distraction between all the waiting for diagnosis and sleepless nights.

Hopes:
Mouse over comparison of inventory/equipped
Hold down alt and move over the item you wish to compare

Trading capability
Currently you need to forum post, or do it in game to exchange you'll need to party up, but there are huge plans for a very efficient trading system

Chat window font, disable and size options. I can barely read the chat, and it is always about D3 anyways (maybe I am missing this and it already exists).

There is a tickbox when global chat is open to hide it

Voice chat, so I don't have to yell upstairs to my roommate (maybe this exists too?)

There is a mumble server iirc use the search function ;)

Things I could use help with:
Evasion versus Armor? How do I judge which is better?

Not played a Toon that I could answer that with I'm afraid, again plenty of threads discussing it

Does having low Int effect my blue skill gems power?

Low int will limit the level you can take your blue skill gems to

Is there a way to see actual damage either in a combat log or even on the screen above the mob?

Not yet, but it is under consideration

Disable chat window?
You can only disable global chat iirc

Is there a list of all the different skill gems?

Yes -> points once more to the search function :)
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info