(June 30/July 1) Hardcore Ladder Race

Oh man I can't believe I missed this! It was timed perfectly after Wimbledon and then I completely forgot.

There's a new one each week right?
Watch me stream games at www.mixer.com/therealgaffer
Last edited by thegaffer on Jul 1, 2012, 12:01:29 AM
grats to all the winners

first ladder race started 40 min late and still got 5th highest shadow woo go the unpopular class :D
Shadow? Unpopular?

Marauders at any given time (max):
Rangers at any given time (max):
Witches at any given time (max):
Duelists at any given time (max):
Templars at any given time (max):
Shadows at any given time (max):

I'd say that the Duelist is unpopular. The difference is quite big to blame it solely on HC deaths.

I have to admit this surprises me. I'd have expected as well for the Shadow / Templar to be less popular. Not the case apparently.
My article promoting PoE:
http://www.axonnsays.com/2013/01/you-are-invited-to-the-path-of-exile-open-beta

Running PoE on an Intel i5 2500K, Radeon 7950 OC, SSD Vertex 3 MI, 8 GB RAM.
I'm also a Software Engineer and Indie Game Developer ::- ). Go Go GGG!!!
Last edited by Kyliathy on Jul 1, 2012, 5:51:45 AM
Last week, only 2 living Duelists at the end =D. That means that over 40 duelists died hahaha.

12 Duelists at the end of this race, so at least 26 died. Id at least say that they are improving.. hopefully
As usual, I have greatly enjoyed yesterday's race !

A few minutes after the start, I created a party with ZlyOmen "misza2909" and my brother MarawKite "ThunderGhost". My brother and I went for a Marauder+Bow (thx to Coldet's post http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/35331/page/9).

We had a peaceful journey up to The Ledge (well, I nearly got impaled by Hellraike to be honest). Seconds after we entered that area, OldMan "Coldet" joined our group ! We were being careful because we had already lost party members to Kuduku (in the previous races). That's when OldMan just easily tanked Kuduku !
My brother on Skype was like : "WTF ! How can he do that !!
Then I said : "He's the OldMan!! Kuduku fears him and sheds his lighting sparks in FEAR !"

We then went up to the Prison. Damn ... those Necros ... My brother and I nearly died twice there ! Sooo Scared of entering those rooms and getting surrounded by skeletons now... After those near death experiences, we took it slow in The Prison.

Unfortunatly, we were ambushed by skeletons and other scary things. OldMan defeated them all but ... after that terrible battle ... the grim reaper "Seacom" apeared! It used it's Sythe with the special ability "Lag to Death". There was nothing OldMan could do. He died, his body still standing proudly.

Our team of 3 then decided to go to the Crossroads to bury his corpse and to gain more experience to face the challenges ahead ! That's when Mortaex "Bismar7" joined our group ! After a bit of leveling, we made our way up to Brutus and defeated him !

(Thanks again Mortaex for the sweet bow :D)

We then continued our journey ! We lost someone (who joined just before killing Brutus if I remember correctly) to the "Big Fire Cat" just before the Ship Graveyard.

The death of our teammates made our group stronger, united, and we made it to Merveil. We made Sushi out of her surpringly easily ! Nom nom nom ...

After that, we rushed to Fellshrine ruins and had 20min to lvl up like mad ! (Thanks ZlyOmen for the rare amulet !) We all managed to make it lvl16 seconds before the end of the race !

Well, I realy enjoyed this event ! I managed to make 5th Marauder :D These are the orbs I got :
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Oh, General Chat during a race is awesome :D Made me laugh alot !

So, see you all soon in game !
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Managed to get my first placed shadow killed in the most retarded way with 45 minutes left.

Hit 18, switched my whole set of flasks and died to puncture right after that because all the flasks were uncharged.
Probably the most not-so-genius moment I had so far in PoE :-)
Yeah I had issues with Merveil with my Shadow's build when I was 3rd as shadow at lv 15. Then I saw you die and I was like "THERE IS HOPE"

Ended as No.1 Shadow

2nd and 4th place died at the same time as you :D
Great drops this time around (2 alchemy before level 10, and a chaos) all wasted on my stupidity, dying in the Weaver's Chamber thanks to some lag, so no-regs (srsly, when are they going to fix the "1st shot virtually always misses" crap? Then when you miss your 2nd on top of it...), an OP skill and my stupidity for being there in the first place. Should have leveled elsewhere first. 2nd place Ranger can thank me for that. =D

I also took my boots off (str requirement) and they had a +str mod that made them reach that requirement, then I couldn't put them back on and my chest (str requirement as well) was no longer valid, borked up my defense being stupid, probably the biggest reason I died. I grabbed a chest I could use (and a pair of boots) but they weren't nearly as good as what I had before.

That said, started over as Templar and hit level 10 (with 15 seconds left in the race) for a few craptastic currency items.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Jul 2, 2012, 8:23:27 AM
"
lpsusi wrote:
nice ... died with lvl 17 and first templar after fucking client decided to freeze while loading river crosing fffffffuuuuuuuck

That sucks, my client crashed entering Ancient Pyramid but luckily I did not die.

"
Lord_Yoshi wrote:
Fun race, actually was close for the #1 witch this time. One thing, though. When the league ended, the monsters were still attacking me. Had I stayed in, I probably would have died. Would have been nice to chat afterward, but that screwed it up. Not sure what changed, patch-wise, but about 5-6 events ago, they didn't attack me at the end. Oh well.

Chris has stated previously that monsters in proximity will all finish their current action, as in attack you once, and then stop. You can still use your flasks too. Still, safest to portal out of the instance seeing as the last 5 seconds likely won't get you anywhere on the ladder.

"
Kyliathy wrote:
I made it to LVL 18 Marauder but fuck if I understand how the top character is a LVL 25! I would really be curious for some guys to make a 3 hour video of how they speed to that level.

I streamed a few times and would be happy to stream again, however I am unsatisfied with frame rate consistency while streaming so I have not bothered for a long time.

Let's just say I have done nearly every race, I always run act1 the same, and have decent act2 strategy. If you spend less time screwing with gear/quests then it is easy to spend more time grinding XP.

"
Kyliathy wrote:
Unfortunately a lot of people use the ALT + F4 trick to stay alive. Me and Charan never used that. Played it nice and true 'til the end. Killed all bosses, never ran from anybody, like true heroes of Wraeclast ::- D

Congratulations to all winners who never chickened out of the game when surrounded.

To the guys who use ALT + F4: meh.

I don't think that's fair, the game still has desync/prediction issues when you are running through large packs of monsters. You can't portal out if you're desynced because your portal opens up far away from where the client thinks you are, and the only way to avoid an unfair death is to alt+f4. I think this was the first race in many months where I did not have to log out to save my character's life.
IGN @dime
looks awesome!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info