Marauder - How to make a viable build

"
JDVawter wrote:
Just started playing and wonder if this skill selection will work.

Viable?

Viable or pipe dream?

I see you have alot of % Health Regen ... thats good ... if you have alot of Health ... and you've put exactly 3(?!) skill points into Health - and thats not good.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
This is what i wanted to go for if I actually get a beta key anytime soon. Without any ingame experience I expect that I'd have to tweak it quite a bit.
Is there anything fundamental I should definitely get or might this be viable for a first character?
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
Last edited by Alros on Jul 12, 2012, 4:08:18 PM
"
RaivokasMagma wrote:

This build looks a little too wasteful, I would not recommend it. Versatility and the one handed accuracy node become redundant when you pick Resolute Technique. Also the cold and lightning resist nodes are not really worth the skillpoint, you can get those stats from gear easily enough. Same with fire resists, but at least open another path further into the tree. Also, I think the whole Purity of Essence circle scales badly into end game. And finally, you will likely run into mana problems (either that, or you will not mod your primary attack and do no damage).

I think this would serve as a good basis for the character you are going for
After that it depends if you want more survivability (for HC a must) or damage, in which case you would head for the strong arm node.

The tanky version could look like this:

The damage is really low though, so it is best suited for running in a party. I guess, after the elemental damage nerf, creating a tanky build which also deals decent damage is quite a challenge now.
Last edited by WearyWanderer on Jul 23, 2012, 3:04:51 PM
Started playing today and I've been toying around with a claw marauder build (Boxeur-like).
Boxeur - Claw Marauder

Is it viable at all, suggestions, improvements?
"
Slir wrote:
Started playing today and I've been toying around with a claw marauder build (Boxeur-like).
Boxeur - Claw Marauder

If you insist to wield claws with Marauder, sure it s fine. Will have big HP pool but relatively low damage(You had to spend lots of points to get to the other side of the tree anyway.)

I would consider Duelist, if you want to take Blood Magic, and add Golem's on the way.
IGN 1: _Momentum_
2: Kurnaz_Tilki
"
WaldoPeach wrote:

It looks okay,but it could use some tweaks.

Heres another idea with the same number of points

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQEBBI6nnAWSIXoHa5TVB76wMgkWA6oKZdlOD0i74hIhjyMXFRfWGdXeCCiFYtspGeMTKYbAjzGTSfc0NrVqN5cIRDfEI389JAC1Pk4GA0ddgsJTT2zCVHnnAFhRhjxurpBadcqs9XhNAbp631gQfduJLtWMg_TwbucvtOqHW-MraEWJg5Mkt6LQavld7py10u7z3GNqWZNPqxf8pTUUygGufdYrD7i51kRh0UgtKKBs8-OMjP4vliPKQegBjrHczZ57z2b4Lfta7Q6iN6h20TQ918vVF8_TP_B7qkgB882xIFeoL3qJ9iayztjZxq_qO24_wMj3StAjJH2RtZ8j8W37pruv36CodrQ9u4pAGZDeByw=

Btw why not go with Resolute Tehnique so that you dont have to worry about dexterity and accuracy?

"
Slir wrote:
Boxeur - Claw Marauder

You wont be getting 79 points in the game at the moment,plus its just not worth it (imo of course) to go that far in the skill tree.
It would be better if you would pick the Duelist class.
Last edited by dualestl on Jul 24, 2012, 6:32:36 AM
"
WaldoPeach wrote:
I'm currently working on a dual-wield axe with blood magic build. I have no clue how I'm supposed to build it but here's the concept. Feel free to comment on it

Following is much the same with your build. Difference is this one has some Dexterity added-with some sacrifice of strength. The reason is Axes require dexterity- and skills such as Cleave require it too. You can get that from items, but you will have to sacrifice other cool stuff. That's a matter of preference as well.

IGN 1: _Momentum_
2: Kurnaz_Tilki
Last edited by Cogita on Jul 24, 2012, 6:48:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info