BSOD

I get a BSOD, only after playing this game for a while, and only on this game. This is my second day of playtime and the second day it has happened. The error is rather generic "Paged fault in non paged area". This points to a hardware issue or a corrupted sector on my HDD, though less common is a software issue, which due to the fact that this only happens while playing POE and all of my hardware is less than 1 year old I am inclined to believe it is a problem with POE.

My speccs are as follows:

Windows 7 home 64bit
i7 2700k
580 GTX
16GB DDR3 2133mhz
OCZ Vertex III 240GB SSD (Sata III)
Path of Exile currently has some problems with Creative sound cards, something we're trying to fix. Are you using one of these cards? Changing your default sound drivers while you play, or stopping other programs from accessing the Creative card at the same time as PoE usually solves the blue screens, at least until we can get a real fix in.
Balance & Design
Glad to hear you guys are working on a fix for this.

Yes actually, I am running a Titanium HD. Thank you for the prompt reply and I'm glad this issue is being looked at. I don't mind the BSOD too much at the moment, it's only once in every long play session. I wouldn't be surprised if this was more on Creative's end than yours, their driver support is abysmal.
Same problem here with an Audigy 2 Creative sound card.

I think I have old drivers for that, I'll try to update them and see if it happens again.
Same problem, SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E. Specifically BSODs when I'm trying to play youtube video, or record with FRAPS.

+: I see there are three separate BSOD threads on the first page. This is 2012. Not impressed by this software quality so far.
Last edited by Neherson on Jul 8, 2012, 3:09:04 AM
Last drivers on Creative website were from 2010. And even with the drivers directly from their website it still crashes.

It's an old soundcard, but I haven't ever found the need to upgrade it.

I guess I will upgrade to something more current and not from Creative, but I would prefer to use that money to upgrade my supporter level instead of the soundcard :)
Last edited by LordAmras on Jul 8, 2012, 7:17:34 AM
I was getting these BSODs too. I have an Auzentech Prelude (Creative Chipset). I went to Auzentech's website and saw that they have drivers dated 9/30/2011 which details "Driver fix for BSOD encountered on 64-bit systems when playing OpenAL games." I am installing these now to see if it fixes the problem. Make sure you uninstall the old drivers and ddl/dts pack before installing the new drivers.

Edit: I still got a BSOD with the new drivers, although ---softwaresound does seem to be working as I haven't had a crash in months. It should work for most people as a temporary fix, although you will have some sound clipping due to limited sound channels (stuff like fire totems, large groups with lots of effects, etc.)
Last edited by gloat on Jan 18, 2013, 9:26:57 AM

RightClick the game Icon, select Properties, add the --nosound to the TARGET.

Example:
"

"E:\Program Files\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\Client.exe" --nosound

There are drivers by Daniel K that might work, as well as the KX Project.
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
Last edited by Greybear1andonly on Jul 28, 2012, 8:05:01 PM
I hope you can fix this problem, just got back from my very first BSOD in a very long time when entering Forest Encampment. Been running fine till then, no problema at all even when tabbing in and out several times to browse on my second monitor.

Win7 64 and old PCI X-Fi card.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info