/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

Gloom Wings 25% off - 290 points.
IRON MAN
Arctic Armour Pack 25% off - 315 points.

I got disconnected in Cruel Lab today, hope Jonathan does one of his downtime posts, those things always make me feel good.

vanishing dye razer footprints!
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:

I got disconnected in Cruel Lab today, hope Jonathan does one of his downtime posts, those things always make me feel good.

On what class? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

On what class? =0[.]o=

shadow, i'm playing blade flurry/fall

also forum posts now show not only hours and minutes, but seconds!
IRON MAN
Infernal Weapon effect 41% off - 165 points.

Guildies still reporting some disconnects, website went down for a bit too, but I was fine
IRON MAN
Ghostflame Skull 40% off - 130 points.
IRON MAN
Special Stash Tab Bundle 16.66% off - 200 points.

Contains the Divination, Premium Quad and Essence Stash tabs (at a discounted price). =^[.]^=

ETA: InB4 Consolidate Premium Tabs to Quad MTX. =^[.]~=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Dec 7, 2016, 6:47:30 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Special Stash Tab Bundle 16.66% off - 200 points.

Contains the Divination, Premium Quad and Essence Stash tabs (at a discounted price). =^[.]^=

ETA: InB4 Consolidate Premium Tabs to Quad MTX. =^[.]~=

uhhh yeah quad tabs seem a bit... odd. can I compress four of my existing tabs into a quad tab? I have 41 tabs and this seems like a sign that they're not going to bother making it easier to sort through them all.

I don't even want to compress my premium tabs, just my existing ones.
IRON MAN
OK, so:

Premium stash tab bundles go on sale for 165 points, which nets you six premium tabs. The standard price is 200 points, and because you're getting one tab for free, this puts each tab at a price of 40 points each if you pay full price (which you don't), and 27.5 points each if we divide 165 by 6 (which we are).

The quad tab, while pretty convenient in terms of sorting through your shit, costs 150 points, and is the equivalent of 4 tabs - a savings of 10 points, again, if you pay full price (again, you don't).

150 points is the same price as a stash tab bundle, so I'm going to assume it will get the 26.67% discount and go on sale for 110 points. If we divide 110 by 4, it again comes to... 27.5, the same price as four premium stash tabs at maximum discount.

For reference, divination tabs are currently 50 points, essence tabs are 40, quad tab is 150, and the bundle of essence, divination and quad tabs is 200 points - instead of being 240 points for the bundle, the essence tab is 'free'.

To quote from reddit (link):

"
Chris wrote:
I really wanted to offer this, as I'm sure it'd be popular, but it's logistically too difficult for us with the multiple leagues that the tabs appear in and also the remove-only tabs.

I don't really like this, but I can respect the logistical trouble. I would still like to upgrade some of my regular tabs to quad tabs - I don't give a damn about my standard tabs, or remove only tabs. I just want to be able to sort these things without having to scroll so much.

I think I might wait for a sale on some of these. The divination tab looks really good and might go down to 40 on sale, guessing the essence tab could go down to 30 (though I actually don't think it's worth buying at all - I have so few essences, they're too rare right now) and the quad tab... eh. It's actually looking like an inconvenience because if I want to list multiple tabs worth of items at different prices, I can't.
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Dec 7, 2016, 8:32:34 PM
Thanks for crunching the numbers, Dreggon!

Mebbe sometime down the road, a provisional option to consolidate tabs can be provided, requiring the same number of empty tabs (of the same quality, i.e., normal vs. Premium) in all leagues at time of purchase, but I know that won't be a priority for GGG, if it even comes under consideration.

I swore off buying any tabs at 100 Premium purchased (including my original four, IIRC), plus Currency, but this deal made it easy to justify. I'll gladly use the two specialty tabs, and a Quad tab is ideal for things like gems and jewels, or to dump stuff I don't wanna stop plying to sort at the moment.

Now about those MTX tabs... ='[.]'=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info