Season Two, Event 89: 90 Min Fixed Seed Solo

Should be fun but I think removing RNG elements only takes away from the enjoyment.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Now that the meaning "Fixed Seed" is revealed, I understand why there are so many races of it consecutively. You can train in event one, get better in event two... and so on. Ideally you can say, that (beside the random item drop chances) in the last race really the players with the most skill are on top.

But what GGG didn't consider is that the timing of these races excludes the employed players. If they intended a training curve why didn't they put these series of events on a saturday and/or sunday?
Putting them on a thursday and friday means that working people may only participate in two or maximal three editions.
It's probably not meant to be a training series. Many different timings garantee you such a race regardless of time-zone and working-hours.
(people with tons of free time can play more, sure, but that's life, nobody said it's fair)
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
Qarl wrote:
This is a Fixed Seed event. All instances of a given area will have the same area layout, for all players. Also, the minimap will automatically be fully revealed.

Race Events 89 to 94, and Race Event 96, will all have the same seed. That is, the instance area layouts will be same across all these races.

@Wraeklops: I think it's exactly meant that way.
"
Should be fun but I think removing RNG elements only takes away from the enjoyment.

While this would be true in the standard game, in races its completely the opposite. Losing because you consistently got larger and more random map seeds than your competition isnt fun at all.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
"

While this would be true in the standard game, in races its completely the opposite. Losing because you consistently got larger and more random map seeds than your competition isnt fun at all.

On the other hand winning because you got godly instances is pretty fun.
"
Hilbert wrote:
And I was hoping for same mob seeds too :(

That would be pretty cool. It's good for data collecting for GGG too.
Sweeping Maid
Does this means we are on par with the "map hack" racers?
there arent any maphack racers, lol.
atleast not at the top ;)
I'll try to do some of these, since i'm really awful when it comes to finding exit :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info