Season Two, Event 80: 90 Minute Turbo Solo

3rd templer after wasting 7 minuets and 4 tps on brutus..
4 points seem to be set to prevent people from reaching it without getting past merveil, however the previous tier is easy to reach without even bothering with brutus. I would have liked to have something in between since brutus is real damn hard on turbo (depends on class though I suppose).
wow, just got 6th templar after dying on upper submerged passage with witch and making a new character!

that's the beauty in dropping an extra quicksilver flask!
best finish so far. #11, #2 marauder.

could've been a LOT better. RNG was not bad, but i had to log out once because i fucked up. not sure if it was a good idea to not get any dmg nodes, at the end i was VERY tanky but didn't do much damage. i pretty much could carelessly go through chamber of sins...

only thing i hated was my lack of red sockets in the first 15 minutes. but else my weapon RNG was great! no quicksilver though, but whatever

weapons went from a white stoneaxe to

which i found at lower submerged passage i think. some time after brutus i alched a woodsplitter and got

at lvl 19 i found

which i used just for fun, but with leapslam it wasn't bad.

my other stuff:

edit: LOOL i just realized i didn't get the added fire (didn't get any gem), no wonder my dmg was so bad. damn it.
Last edited by TheError on May 7, 2013, 11:42:52 AM
"
finally made it.

got 3p

avoided Brutus though.
not doable for casual. point.

"

Not worth the risk going for 4p with Brutus in the way. I'd be happy with my 3p as always.

You guys should try to push it or you will never learn.
"
Condemned wrote:
"
finally made it.

got 3p

avoided Brutus though.
not doable for casual. point.

"

Not worth the risk going for 4p with Brutus in the way. I'd be happy with my 3p as always.

You guys should try to push it or you will never learn.

I approached Brutus at lvl 10, bought 2 coral rings and with my weapon i had him dead in like 15 seconds, despite getting no damage nodes... Idk, my weapon was pretty good though. Did use only one charge of a heal pot until he was dead. Never killed him that was. Then again i usually go for him at lvl 8/9 with worse equip usually (that is no turbo).

+1 cold 10 minutes before the end
Too bad it was not BB

30k Experience from the #1 witch ...

Or you try to play non mainstream builds, do you really think that casual racers play the same builds as you.
Do you really think they got SSD or Ramdisk to increase loading times?

Wow Leapslam/Cleave duelist what skill.
Wow Elecleave Templar
Wow Leaper/GS mara
Wow PA shadow
Wow RoA/RoA Ranger
Wow FP witch(in Tb FB till after brutus)

If there would be fingerprint races I would laugh my ass off how top racers will fail.
Or alternative some gem/skill tree changes.
"OMG Avatar of Fire sucks bring 50% WED back"

If you did bad choices killing brutus takes quiet long or is risky.

For example I have some uncommon builds where I fight brutus Turbo with 170 HP and if I don't have got good potions or 3 TPs till will be a 10min fight.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Or you try to play non mainstream builds, do you really think that casual racers play the same builds as you.
Do you really think they got SSD or Ramdisk to increase loading times?

Wow Leapslam/Cleave duelist what skill.
Wow Elecleave Templar
Wow Leaper/GS mara
Wow PA shadow
Wow RoA/RoA Ranger
Wow FP witch(in Tb FB till after brutus)

If there would be fingerprint races I would laugh my ass off how top racers will fail.
Or alternative some gem/skill tree changes.
"OMG Avatar of Fire sucks bring 50% WED back"

If you did bad choices killing brutus takes quiet long or is risky.

For example I have some uncommon builds where I fight brutus Turbo with 170 HP and if I don't have got good potions or 3 TPs till will be a 10min fight.

Yeah what you write is certainly not wrong. But tbh in a race, when you want to compete with the top or want to get as high level as you can, you should want to use the best possible build. So if you can't Brutus because of your build that's OK. But it's not true that Brutus is not possible for casual players.
Last edited by TheError on May 7, 2013, 12:24:22 PM
I never said not possible, I said it will take very long.

Back In CB when Turbo was introduced I tried rangers. RoA was a poor skill and a common ranger builds was LA+PA.

The first to attempts I tried the "Dodge the hook" tactic and it went terribly wrong the 2nd or 3rd arrow I got hooked one type in sync killed and one time desync killed.

So there were common options-->Go melee ranger and abuse the whirling blades bug--->Have fun at coves

Take BT/FT and trap brutus while covering-->Slow

PA/RoA on edge points-->Slow

Meaning if you have beaten brutus in CB on Turbo as ranger a Top 15 of Class was guaranteed on a 2h race.

Merv was another pain. Even without her summon ability(only one summon ring) Merv kept freezing you.

The Best example how different the power balance in Turbo was, is the one week Turbo race.
Deest was the first Ranger got to maps on the 5th day I think, The second ranger wasn't even in merciless.
Rangers in normal 1 week Races on the other hand, were the best map cleaners.
But Turbo-->Forget it because the mobs always got close.

Rangers in Turbo were that fragile that Phase Arcobatics might be a real choice.

Turbo is definetly the hardest game mode of those special races(I don't call lethal a game mode because it's ranged single kill mode)

Multishot is the second hardest Game mode.

Ancestral loses its touch after level 20 and bosses haven't got totems.

Blood Magic is rather an anti caster mode and over time it loses its touch too.

The projectile modifiers aren't that interesting.

Famine in combination with Turbo will be a real race because Merv and brutus usually eat 1-2 TPs.

Hard modes the Game needs is->Permcurse
Double Reflect-->Imagine Double reflect with Elem Weakness->Ele cleavers gonna cry hard.

Permcuse will make the game much harder. Only CB players remember those elem weakness necros in sins close to fidel(Those are only in church dungeon now).

Temp Chain races, where the advantage of leap slam gets nullified, where sins results in many spark hits.

Or how about shock races-->Players have permanent double shock.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info