weird error (exception)

http://tinypic.com/r/2ujpekw/6

i encountered it two times already, same one, once was when going from mud flats to town, and once randomly in terraces. i am not sure what causes it, but i figured it would be best to report it.
just got another one, it seemed to have something to do with alt tabbing out while being in full screen mode. maybe.
That looks like it's probably pack file corruption, can you try running the Pack Check found at the top of this forum?
Balance & Design
thank you for the reply rori, i ran the pack check.

i started the command window, typed in the command, it said

"pack check content.ggpk" or something similar.

after a little bit my command line appeared again indicating its ready for a new command, so i assumed that this means the pack check is done, i started up the game again and nothing happened, the launcher did not prompt me to start downloading anything, so i am guessing this means i did not have anything corrupted. to be honest i just installed the game a few hours ago, on a fairly new SSD i dont know how i would get a corruption of any of the files :\
and i just got another one, it seems its most common when using the waypoint system.

unable to deserialize packet with pid AccountCreateID(135016A4c84

system specs, maybe it makes a diff in something i dont know...

i7@2.8ghz
580 gtx
60 gb SSD HD
24 gigs of ram
windows 7 64 bit ultimate

EDIT: i uninstalled the game completely and reinstalled it, even manually deleted anything left over in the GGG folder, and its still happening, its clearly not a corrupt file on my end i dont think.
Last edited by vampirekid13 on Jun 26, 2012, 12:24:33 AM
Does this happen on every character? The game mentions gems trying to level up, it could be that something is wrong with one of your skill gems? I've never heard of anything like this though.
Balance & Design
ok, i know whats causing it then, all i needed was the nudge in the right direction, i had a heavy strike (level 4) gem in one of my sockets that was at max exp but could no longer be leveled due to my char not meeting the restrictions for it.

its also possible that i leveled it to level 3 then got rid of my str amulet which made me lose the restrictions for level 3 altogether, i cant confirm this was the issue yet, however i can say that since i unsocketed that gem i used WPs a few times and did not notice this issue, if it doesnt happen at all tomorrow i will come back and let you guys know. but thats my best guess as to what the issue is, it seems that the client stops responding if you have a gem you dont meet the reqs for socketed.

nope that wasnt it, i no longer have hte gem socketed, and it still crashed, this time saying:

unable to deserialise packet with pid ClientInstanceCancelTradeID 9401514c84.

this is getting frustrating now. its happening every other time i use a waypoint.
Last edited by vampirekid13 on Jun 26, 2012, 3:53:02 AM
Try playing on a different character to see if it's character specific.
TehHammer is not a crime!
it stopped now. only things that really changed from before to now has been that i leveled up all my gems once, and put the gem i could not level up anymore due to req in my stash instead of inv.

i only have 1 char atm, imma make another one later, but right now the issue went away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info