Progress completely stopped because of Chamber of Sins

Tried adding -gs 2 to my shortcut, reinstalling the game, and tried tweaking my settings.

Every other zone in the game loads up fine except Chamber of Sins and now I cannot progress any further in the game till I am able to clear that instance.

Anyone got an idea of what I should do? I am basically stuck on Act II untill this problem is resolved.

Any help is appreciated thanks :)

What is the error you get?

The error determines the type of action you'll most likely need to take to fix the problem.

A lot of times, the problem is not with the memory, but with the sound card, or a corrupt content.ggpk file.

Once we have the error as well as your system specs, we'll know better. By system specs, I mean OS, CPU, RAM, Video Card, Sound Card, etc.
Hey there,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I suggest that you try running a pack check. You can find instructions on how to do this here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18531

If this doesn't work, I would try tweaking your firewall settings and reallowing Path of Exile. If you continue to have the problem after this, please email us at "Support@GrindingGear.com" and we will assist you further. I hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Bex
The exact error I get is Client.exe has stopped working. It seems like the client is just crashing whenever I try and zone into Chamber of Sin level 1.

I ran the Pack check and no errors were found. I also tried adding -nosound to my shortcut and that has not helped either.

I am able to change to every other zone in the game except Chamber of Sins. So whatever the issue is, has to do with that particular instance.
You can try restoring a prior version of the file if that option is enabled on your system by right-clicking on the Content.ggpk file and click the option that either says Repair or Restore. If you don't see anything like that, then you'll probably just be better off trying a new content.ggpk file.

I'd recommend patching over a VPN just to avoid any potential caching issues that might exist in your ISP/network. Instructions for setting up the VPN are in a sticky post on this forum. Once you have the VPN set up, you can rename your content.ggpk file to something else, and re-launch Path of Exile. It will need to re-download the whole Content.ggpk file (about 6GB) so it will be a little slow. Once it is downloaded and you're at the login screen, you can disconnect the VPN and try the Chamber of Sins again.

Hopefully it should work then. If not, let us know and we can look into other things.
Got the same problem.
Cannot progress.
"
TorNis wrote:
Got the same problem.
Cannot progress.

Try the same suggestions posted here and see if any of them fix your problem. Start with the easiest and least time-consuming changes, and work your way up to the "download the whole file again" suggestion.

Hopefully something along the way fixes it for you... if so, let us know what it was so we can tally mark that solution.
Got the same problem, working through the suggestions now as well... thus far nothing :(

Update: PackCheck.exe found nothing... I'm now deleting and redownloading the whole thing...
Last edited by Aegon on Apr 29, 2013, 9:08:29 PM
Pack Check didn't showed anything.
Deleled + Redownloaded = Worked
It still gave me "Game is not responding" while loading the zone though.
Still having this issue. Tried everything suggested and still unable to zone into Chamber.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info