Build of the Week Video #2

We've posted the second episode of the Path of Exile Build of the Week video series! This episode features zriL's Melee Witch.

We managed to get YouTube to support this episode in 1080p resolution. Please let me know if there are any issues with quality.

If you would like your build to be featured, post a request here!

Last week's episode is here.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Mordliss wrote:
Chris,

Don't you find it unrewarding that as a level 50 or so character his witch does not visually change much from a level 1?

I have been really getting back into playing the game and getting a lot of my friends to show some interest in it, but in our conversations over the game, this end game "unimpressive character armor" always seems to come up...

This video is the perfect example... you have a witch and a player who has invested a considerable amount of time into creating such a neat and interesting character, and to be honest, if it stood next to a level 10 witch I would BARLEY be able to tell the difference...

Do you guys have any plans on correcting this? Or is this all "Working as intended" as far as you are concerned?

Thanks,

Mordliss

Some users speculate that it's because we want to sell pretty armours to people in our microtransaction shop, which sounds like good business sense, but this restriction was not considered when we made the set of armours for the game. I'm sure there will be plenty of pretty stuff for sale, though.

The reason the armours looks like they do is because they are realistic - most games come up with flashy unrealistic armour progressions to make the character seem more and more godlike at higher levels. We're trying to show the gritty reality of Wraeclast.

I'm sure that over time we'll add more flashy stuff - wait until magic mods on items add particle effects, etc :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
psythos wrote:
I really feel the game makers are under appreciating the fact at how poorly designed their melee mewchanics are. Who knows maybe they'll fix it and we'll have a fun game after all.

I'll be waiting to see.

I am fully aware of this situation, but it's not simply fixed by changing a single number otherwise we would have done it. We have a lot in the works to address it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info