Build of the Week Video #2

We've posted the second episode of the Path of Exile Build of the Week video series! This episode features zriL's Melee Witch.

We managed to get YouTube to support this episode in 1080p resolution. Please let me know if there are any issues with quality.

If you would like your build to be featured, post a request here!

Last week's episode is here.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
great vid again mate! Your putting my vids to shame :P
I stream and create content on YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/IndieSenshi

"Bullshit, you get the game for free." - Qarl 2014
"The 5x Diamond Supporter"
Last edited by XvXReaperXvX on Jun 23, 2012, 6:36:47 AM
I love the uniques and how they work with the build, truly amazing.
The 1080p version works great, just as great as the build =].
If your live was in my hands to do, I'd be your Prince Charles and die with you <3.
Ok, my build is absolutly rubbish and way too simple compared to this.
"
Septile wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong but as Chris was demoing it, he was fighting what, level 52 or 53 mobs right?

The unique sword was only an ilvl 32, wouldn't have been better off getting a much higher level rare and orbing it to as close to the stats he wants (as he can get)? Just seems like he's sacrificing a lot of damage and other stats for the unique which I understand does help the build some but if you are going for min/max I'm fairly certain you could play RNG enough to get a rare close to that.

Or I could be wrong.
Will the Witch get her own voice acting? I think she uses the Ranger sounds.

New Act 3 screenshot looks nice. My only small suggestion/request based on what few we have see so far would be for a different lighting/ambiance. Act 1 is more distinct because it is somber. The preview screenshot looks very much like Act 2. Different hues for the vegetation, autumn colours, or less lush/green perhaps?
"
Maverickroll wrote:
"
Septile wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong but as Chris was demoing it, he was fighting what, level 52 or 53 mobs right?

The unique sword was only an ilvl 32, wouldn't have been better off getting a much higher level rare and orbing it to as close to the stats he wants (as he can get)? Just seems like he's sacrificing a lot of damage and other stats for the unique which I understand does help the build some but if you are going for min/max I'm fairly certain you could play RNG enough to get a rare close to that.

Or I could be wrong.

I think the issue would be having the STR and DEX required to wield such a weapon. Just my thoughts.

But yes, although the build is super interesting, a better weapon would help a ton.
It's an interesting build because of how the items and skills combine, but judging by the gameplay footage and comparing to my melee ranger I would perfer something more straightforward going towards Marauder and Templar nodes. And wow, lots of options going north :p Make me "jellus".

It's hard to say how viable that Witch is though as level difference is like day and night and she was three levels under map level. I'm guessing she's doing quite fine at equivalent or higher level.
"
Maverickroll wrote:
"
Septile wrote:

Or I could be wrong.

This is my build :) So I can tell you the reasons of these choices :)

What you're saying is completely right, I've thought about it too. Actually, even voll's armor isn't that good for the level (lvl35).
But, in reality, it doesn't matter. It's only thanks to ephemeral edge that I can run the char with nearly infinite mana, the sword gives me several hundreds of mana.
And since i'm focusing on elemental damage, I don't need much physical damage.
Another sword would certainly deal more damage because it would be faster and would have elemental mods (even at lvl32, I had already a better sword). But, as you can see, for the moment the damage output is fair.
Also, ephemeral edge gives 50% critical chance, added to voll's charges, it adds to 200% crit chance. It's not that much, but freezing ennemies makes life easier.
If you want to know, I believe I'm dead only once since the moment I started using the two uniques, and I wasn't really struggling.
To be honest, I don't know if you can make successfully the same kind of melee witch with a normal sword and armor. I would be interested to know.

Right now the build isn't finished, as you probably saw, gear isn't really good. I'm planning to get more crit multiplier to make use of my high crit chance. I also need more sockets to support my skills as I want.
The build might be sub-optimal, but at least it works in merciless, and it's fun and original.

As for the video, Chris played it quite boldly, I'm surprised he didn't die when he faced the pack with golems and gorillas without enfeeble, but he had the granite flask so why not ^^
Actually, I haven't even tried merciless act2 with the char myself. I stopped there the last time I played it.

ps : One thing Chris forgot to say : Since I have loads of mana, I can use sapping flasks, it really helps :)
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Jun 23, 2012, 9:44:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info