Common Suggestions and Feedback (with Dev Responses)

"
5. Add glow when you highlight an exit/entrance, instead of just whiteness.

We would love to improve from the solid-white effect, but it's pretty low priority at the moment.

"
6. Add the ability to change character appearance/gender.
... skins and appearance customization is planned for the medium-term in the cash shop.

Chris has stated that gender options are too expensive to happen anytime soon.

"
10. Add floating numbers to give damage feedback.

Staff opinions are divided on this issue... Chris makes the ultimate decision, though.

"
16. Please add an endless dungeon!

The Maelström of Chaos is an endless dungeon; it just doesn't tell you what "floor" you're on.

"
18. Add charms to the game.

We are opposed to having items that just sit in your inventory taking up space and cannot be actively used or equipped.

"
23. Add an in-game clock (with server time and local time)

I don't see why we can't have a local clock that can be toggled on/off.
Code warrior
"
Lapinsonni wrote:
Also you can't right click or double click items in your inventory to send them straightly to NPCs sell table.
Shift-click
"
Mark, thanks for posting here. Is there a plan to make the shift click functionality work when moving items to stash?
I imagine that this is probably an inevitability, but it is a common suggestion so I should probably post it here.
It would need a different input, as shift-click outside of selling things is already used to unstack stackable items.
I would not be surprised to see it implemented with some key+click combination at some point since people seem to want it, but I'm not involved with that and thus not aware of what plans, if any, are in progress.
Personally, I can't see myself using such a thing at all - I keep my stash organised so I can find things, which requires putting things in the specific places they belong, not just having them go to the first open space.
"
Orphic wrote:
I also would like to know if Devs plan on having socket schemas disappear from the item models unless moused-over? I can never see the wonderful item models you've created! Instead it's just a mess of gem-tetris.
Sockets are only shown while items are being highlighted. You can toggle this state off by pressing 'z', and hold 'Alt' to temporarily highlight.
"
Annaknas wrote:
dashgalaxy86 wrote:
18. Add charms to the game.

We are opposed to having items that just sit in your inventory taking up space and cannot be actively used or equipped.

The beginning of the sentence is misleading, I don't understand too well if your for or against.

As Lurken86 pointed out, we are against them.
"
If you are Against charms because you don't like the idea of items that sit in your inventory and take up space and cant be actively used or equipped then i am deeply worried about what you see when you view this game.

By fact, charms do sit in your inventory and take up space, but they are used. they provide buffs for your character and why shouldn't players be allowed to use inventory space for passive buffs rather then loot space, they are a used as an item and would prove to add to the games build depth and game play experience. I can go into detail about why players deserve a choice in terms of what they use their inventory space for,, if you want me to by all means inform me i would love to contribute. I know many people see potential in this game and what you quoted is like chaining a dove mid flight.. you just limited a great experience for an incorrect reason.

When I said "used", I really meant "used up", or "consumed", e.g. currency items.

Also, inventory space is already limited; I don't think adding another source of contention here is wise.

Charms would be like passive skills, except that you could change them around without spending Orbs of Regret. Also they would have a different requirement system. Probably level and attribute requirements, rather than tree traversal requirements.

If we want an easily customizable, itemized passive buff system (like charms), we'll do it in a way that doesn't clog up players' inventories.
Code warrior
"
PrincessPeach wrote:
I don't have a question. I have a design assessment.

Path of Exile has poor game feel and is missing key points of conveyance.

Thank you for the comprehensive feedback. We appreciate the time and effort that went into this.

You have justly identified two very important areas that we are keen to improve: the "feel" of the combat, and player conveyance (esp. early on).

The disruption of smooth combat is primarily down to the latency between client and server. Which gateway (US, EU, SG) are you are using and which country you are playing from? If you press F1 while in-game, what does it display as your latency?

The lag is certainly worse for some people than others. Certain skills are also more prone to desync.

Some games require the player to wait for a reply from the server before allowing any action, but this delay can make the game feel unresponsive. It does help greatly with keeping the client and server in sync, though. We have chosen the route of allowing the player to begin performing actions the instant that they click the mouse (or press the key), and the client and server do their best to make sense of it all.

It's a tough problem to solve.

We are well aware that the game is lacking in the tutorial department. We know that simply creating screen text to explain all the complex systems is a poor idea, but we're not sure what a good method of "conveying" all the knowledge we expect players to pick up. If you have any suggestions in this regard, we are keen to hear!

I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the game very much. How far have you gotten? The combat picks up a lot as you level and gain more skills. A large part of our design philosophy is "to create the game we want to play". Our desires and goals don't always coincide with everyone else's, but we are always looking for ways to improve. We also value feedback from our players and fans. We do listen (even if we don't have time to reply to everything).

Thanks again for your feedback.
Code warrior
"
alvadagansta wrote:
LMFAO the original post is SOOOO out of date. No wonder developers don't read this.

The devs do read this thread :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info