Special affixes for level 66 maps dropped in high level maps

Idea courtesy of reddit, cleaned up here

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1dbdhk/suggestion_moving_down_in_maps_can_be_more/

Basically once you hit 72+ maps, seeing level 66 maps drop is disheartening and boring. However these level 66 maps are "ilvl" 72 now. So just like items, why don't they have affixes that can only roll on higher ilvl's, making them more useful to do? These affixes could be much more powerful than the normal affixes, and much more dangerous as well so that way they are actually worth doing.

In addition you could do interesting things like having affixes that are +exp so high level characters are motivated to do the low level maps.

Some disadvantages would be that maze/massive and other useful modifiers would be harder to roll on these maps.

Thoughts?

Edit*
As pointed out this of course wouldn't just be for lvl 66 maps. There is also a question of whether the monsters would be lvl 66 or 72, that's open for discussion.
Last edited by Lunares on Apr 29, 2013, 1:20:38 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I think having the affixes scale on ilevel is a fantastic idea
+1
Absolutely. +1
Yes, sounds interesting. Thanks for posting.
Hi I'm the OP of the suggestion on reddit. Just to clarify: it wouldn't be limited to just 66 maps.

The point of this suggestion would be to freshen up the methods used to build a map pool, as well as incentivize running lower level maps and soften the discouragement that can come along with some harsh RNG.
"
Just to clarify: it wouldn't be limited to just 66 maps.

Yeah. I inferred that. Presumably you meant that various maps would drop at the stated mob level they are, but use iLevels of their drop zone to determine their prefix/affix selection and rolls. With that, there might need to be more such mods, as well.

It's a good idea.

A slightly different idea mixes and matches the map types with map levels. So you could have a level 73 "Thicket," although I admit the map boss in a level 72 Thicket makes me wet my pants thinking about it.

--C
Last edited by Courageous on Apr 29, 2013, 10:04:44 AM
yes.
Kuduku giveth and Kuduku taketh away.

IGN: QueenAtziri
+1 all day
I find it difficult to find maps closer to my level, and xp becomes very slow. There has to be a more viable way to make lower level maps useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info