Viper Strike.... With Trap support.

So I was thinking of making a Trap Shadow come open beta and was thinking of useful dex / int spells to use with the trap support gem and then I found Viper strike.

"Poisons the fore, which can stack up to four times. Each time they are re-poisoned, the duration is extended."

I thought to myself that you can get a max of 4 traps, 4 stacks. Do you guys think this would work well?
Sorry, but Viper Strike is an attack (it uses a weapon), not a spell. Attacks can't (yet) be trapped.
I was afraid of that. A bunch of "attack" skills could make a lot of sense (and be really cool and fun to use) as traps. Rupture, Rain of Arrows, I could go on.
Last edited by Lionguild on Jun 21, 2012, 8:56:33 PM
"
Lionguild wrote:
I was afraid of that. A bunch of "attack" skills could make a lot of sense (and be really cool and fun to use) as traps. Rupture, Rain of Arrows, I could go on.
There are plans to make bow/wand attacks trappable, totemable and mineable in future. It's a little tricky to do right. I am not currently aware of any plans to let melee attacks work with these.
Good to hear.
Well if GGG do get around to solving the trickiness of putting ranged attacks in these things, I hope they can extend it to melee attacks too - it doesn't sound like it should be too big a stretch at that point. Things like Puncture traps and Ground Slam totems sound good to me.
"
Well if GGG do get around to solving the trickiness of putting ranged attacks in these things, I hope they can extend it to melee attacks too - it doesn't sound like it should be too big a stretch at that point. Things like Puncture traps and Ground Slam totems sound good to me.

Puncture can technically be a ranged attack too. :P

A Ground Slam totem does sound cool though.
They said I was mad! They said it couldn't be done! But now who's mad?!?!
Last edited by Guadagno on Jun 22, 2012, 6:25:10 AM
All we need now is a new type of totem for the direct attacks:

Mark, I thought a cool idea for a support gem to alleviate this problem would be as follows:

skeleton knight - summons a single skeleton that uses attached melee skills and supports with its own weapon.

This gets round the problem of "what weapon does this trap use" and also adds a bit more variety to summoner builds, plus it has the advantage of moving around to actually hit things.

And I suppose you could also have a skeletal mage version that casts a linked mage spell, but there's more overlap with totem there.
This topic makes me support the idea of "golems" as a support-style summon. They would work somewhat like totems, but would move toward enemies like a regular summon and simply use the attached attack skill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info