Unable to map file

When uTorrent finnishes downloading some torrent game crashes and "Unable to map file" report appears. I know there is really easy bug fix - dont download while playing - but I thing its worth mentioning at least...
ive had this happen before 9.10e. after e and into f im getting it quite frequently. i got it 2 times in 5 minutes. usually happens to me entering an instance. but in some cases my computer froze in mid spell and i got the exception. frustrating seeing as how ive played for over a month without exceptions. except for the here and there unexpected disconnection. just reporting my side of the story.
Thanks for the report, Kovald. We don't quite know how this could happen, but we'll keep it on our list. This wouldn't be the first time uTorrent has caused problems with the game :p
Balance & Design
I've been having the same thing a lot these days. I'm not running utorrent or any kind of downloading while I play the game. The game just paused and I have this error message: unable to map file.
DieInBattle: That sounds like pack corruption. Try running the Pack Check, and see if it solves the problem.
Balance & Design
I've been gettin this exception: unable to map file while i play. I dont have any downloads going when i play and i've ran pack check but it doesnt do anything. Kinda annoying when i get this error like every 20mins. Usually happens when i change places but also occurs when im just killing mobs.
Last edited by Mordo on Aug 18, 2012, 2:12:37 AM
Mine comes with a c++ runtime library error.
I had this error happen about 4 times in 15 minutes. This game is unplayable for me til this issue isnt fixed witch is extremely annoying if might add
Last edited by H0bN0b on Aug 18, 2012, 12:43:52 PM
Some of us get this error and it's gonna be a tough one to pin down and fix I've got this one when zoning, when in the middle of a huge fight with so much stuff on the screen it's hard to tell who's who and i've also got it after being logged in for less than 5 min sitting in town watching the chat so what ever is the cause or cause's is gonna be a challenge for GGG, i've also played for 3 hours straight and never had a single hicup.
Will they get it fixed sure, but it will probibly take them time.

PS the whole problem with utorrent has to do with disk access, utorrent uses a ton of resourses accessing the disk and when it finishes downloading it moves the whole file all at once wich overrides most everything else's acces while it does this, so it's possible that is why.
I keep hearing about "The Real World" is that an expansion or something ??
Last edited by XForsakenX on Aug 18, 2012, 4:22:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info