Failed to connect to instance

having the same issue, it just randomly happens as i enter zones, or take a tp, sometimes I will go hours without the problem, others everytime I try to move zones, makes it really hard to play as a summoner when I have to go back to lunaris multiple times to grab tentacles. Really needs to be addressed.

Once it happens I have to restart the client, or it just won't connect, saying the same failed to connect to instance crapola.
just started having this issue. was in a3 solaris. got bumped in the middle of a fight which rarely happens to me (read hasn't at all since 3 patches ago).

now when i run on any character to battlefront it disconnects. half the time i try to login again that times out as well.

and... now it's ok again. le sigh

Edit:

ok GGG, found a possible culprit after forcing it:
"

C:\Users\rs>netstat -tan|find "173.192"
TCP 192.168.76.2:5145 173.192.25.25:45786 ESTABLISHED InHost

TCP 192.168.76.2:5150 173.192.12.55:36272 SYN_SENT InHost

25.25 is my solaris instance working fine. i kept portaling back to town to ferry whites and eventually hit an instance server where the transfer failed.

now here's the failure when attempting to login again:
"

TCP 192.168.76.2:5199 173.192.25.23:20481 SYN_SENT InHost

it appears some of your aws instances aren't running/crashed and went unnoticed and just need a hup or equiv.
Last edited by kehlarn on Mar 5, 2013, 6:13:11 PM
Been happening just starting around 2:30pm PST for me. I can connect to some areas but it fails to connect me to Sarn Slums on Normal for my Ranger and I cannot progress without passing through there.
I just started playing and this error has been happening the whole time. The game looks good but right now it is unplayable.
Just started having this error happen to me. It just cost me a lvl 67 hardcore mara, and now i can barely even get back in game long enough to play. Seemingly this thread is 6+ months old, and no one has found a solution?
IGN: LetsGoOffOnATangent
This issue has started to occur for me also as of today, Been playing fine for weeks, Occasinal Disconnect but nothing frequent or major untill today.

Trying to zone into some zones such as lunaris temple level 3 i get failed to connect to instance, then get booted to login. Try to log back in and get another could not connect error,

Relaunched game multiple times. Sometimes get could not connect to patching server.

As Taxt said above, seems its been going on for a while and possibly getting worse.

Just completed the pack check and all turned out OK
Last edited by Ramsteg on Mar 26, 2013, 3:29:17 AM
I've been having this issue since I downloaded the game, (a couple days ago) This seems like a really cool game, but I'm not going to waste my time if I get disconnected every time I try to move to a new area.

I e-mailed GGG support about it and they just gave me basic troubleshooting.

1. try diff gateway
2. Turn off your firewall
3. Derr, I dunno, let me send this so a senior tech support guy.

So I guess I'm not playing until this gets fixed. Levels 1-3 were fun though..
I guess nothing is getting done about this? It is obviously a problem with the game as it is so random. I will do fine on some sessions and then not be able to enter any instance for hours. Terrible bug- not something that should still be happening in public beta.
I've had this issue all day today, as soon as patch 0.10.4b went live. I cannot leave a map from the laboratory without disconnecting. It happens only when I go from the lab to Sarn. I have reproduced the same issue several times, and decided to finally log off and wait for a hotfix or another patch.
I am receiving several errors

While trying to load the client I get an error unable to connect to patching server.

After several attempts I get in and I get am error saying I cannot connect to login server.

This has been happening for 2-3 days.

Today when I try to join an instance it says Failed To Connect To Instance and then boots me from the game.

Essentially nothing has changed on my end and has gone from a perfectly playable enjoyable experience to unplayable.

Please Help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info