Success with lesser used support gems?

Hey, I was just wondering if people would like to share how they use the lesser used support gems (like chance to flee or chance to ignite or elemental proliferation) to any success?

Or, maybe my idea of "lesser used" is totally wrong :)
"
laian wrote:
Hey, I was just wondering if people would like to share how they use the lesser used support gems (like chance to flee or chance to ignite or elemental proliferation) to any success?

Or, maybe my idea of "lesser used" is totally wrong :)

I would believe proliferation is widely used. It's extremely useful. I have had great success with proliferated Poison Arrow, Dual Strike and Split Arrow. Generally any single target spell/skill become an AoE when it's applied.

Best used with burning and freezing damage though, not so useful for spreading shock debuff as most lightning spells/skills already do AoE maybe. But My tri-elemental poison arrow templar did very well two patches ago. Which means it will be even better now, with the buffed elemental damage. It's basically a freeze, or a heavy burn, or 40% damage increase, or all at once. For an entire group of mobs each crit. :)
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
Last edited by jawsofhana on Jun 20, 2012, 4:20:06 PM
Chance to flee is usually not desirable for melees since it makes targetting more cumbersome, and AOE's less effective.

ELemental Proliferation: I experimented with Fire Trap but it was hard to tell if it made any difference.

I wonder how people use Cold to Fire?
Chance to flee is nice combo for Poison arrow.

Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Chance to flee on tempest shield. Chance to flee on puncture.
"
Neonexe wrote:
Chance to flee on tempest shield. Chance to flee on puncture.

Chance to flee on puncture is evil and genial XD I have never though about how i could force the enemy to move even more after beeing punctured :)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
I've noticed that chance to flee not only triggers on the initial hit of explosive arrow, but also on the area blast. I considered it quite a useful gem. I can imagine there are much better uses for it though. For example, I suppose that a multiple projectile lightning arrow could hit the same mob multiple times (in theory at least), greatly increasing the chance to flee to trigger.

The funnest build I ever tried out was a witch with a lot of +burning damage passives, Shield charge + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation. It wasn't first made by me but I followed someone elses build a while back and it was a good time :)

"
renatobaal wrote:
I've noticed that chance to flee not only triggers on the initial hit of explosive arrow, but also on the area blast. I considered it quite a useful gem. I can imagine there are much better uses for it though. For example, I suppose that a multiple projectile lightning arrow could hit the same mob multiple times (in theory at least), greatly increasing the chance to flee to trigger.

Both Lightning and Explosive arrow can have two hits on the same enemy per shot (as can 2x1h-Cleave, Dual strike, Double Strike, Lightning Warp (with aoe)...). MP+spells can have multiple (such as fireball, freezing pulse...).

The only skill that comes to mind as a "massively multi-hitting skill" is Firestorm. That and chance to flee could be pretty interesting, but doesn't chase the enemy.
Totem + Chance to Flee + Firestorm would work though.

I have chance to flee linked to ice nova on my templar. It's for use if/when I get swarmed and I want to thin the ranks of attackers a little.
Last edited by Psychofrump on Jun 21, 2012, 1:28:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info