Default Attack - How often do you use it?

I find myself auto attacking more than anything else as my bow ranga.

Only other ability I really use are lightning/bleed arrows.
Well the idea is to get people to use the default attack more right?

Why not combine a couple of effects and give a bit of ranged utility to melee chars. Make it an achor that functions as a 2H mace or staff (blunt object in any case, i imagine) that, every x swings, throws the achor out and then reels it back in. The every x swings is there to balance things out for attack speed, as well as to get people to use the default attack more, but not too much before anything happens. I'm thinking once every 3 strikes, so the 2 default strikes to the 1 special strike will make it feel like you're using an addition and not an "additional skill".

Anybody the anchor hits when thrown will be rooted/stunned/confused. As additional balance, maybe the character cannot attack while throwing the anchor (if it hits nothing, the full lenght of the chain is reached before it's reeled in which takes time of course, could be increased by attackspeed for speed based chars).

of course, that effect only happens using the default attack, swings from abilities like glacial hammer or heavy strike don't count.
Never!
I use it a lot. I'm in the high twenties and just started the second difficulty. I can 2-3 shot stuff with my normal attack so I just use that on single enemies. I use lightning arrow on enemies that are bunched up and fire arrow on bosses and minibosses.
I use my default attack on all my characters a lot. More in my Ranger though because damn that mana.
By starting this squabble you've proven nothing but how vast your stupidity is.
lvl72 bow ranger, default attack only if i leeched mana not fast enough, other then that .. no
Never, I put Double Strike on it. Not one skill slot to spare :)
Default attack everything that moves, but when there's too many or an occasional life regen or extra life then I start spamming skills till they are dead or the mana is over.
ZOMG ITS BETA TIME!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/23123 This is why.
Until I got a mana leech support gem i used default attack on single enemies, now burning arrow all the way.
I always use mine with my lvl 30 ranger
Auras take up a lot of mana so I default when far away to save on mana for a big attack. I can 1-3 shot most everything. I have even 1 shot some unique bosses with default attack
.....And that's all I have to say about that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info