Anyone interested in making/joining an end-game guild?

So I was running Maelstrom last night solo when I get a random party invite from Stupid_Slut (I think that was his name...) and a message of "portal." So I go back to town and hop through his portal and it's a ledge instance of MoC and we're running around mowing stuff down and it's all good times and fun.

It was already getting pretty late, so I couldn't stick around to do another run. But, this morning I was thinking about how much more fun that one run was than the 5 I did before it solo. I've got people on my friend's list that run MoC, and I've seen some public parties for running it, but those are all temporary, fleeting, things.

So I thought to myself, why don't we get a right proper guild going? Running with randoms is all fine and good, until you're plowing through a blob of skeletons and a yellow thicket bow drops and that one random guy runs suicidally in there to grab it, dying in the process, but still ninjaing the loot.

I don't think I want to go so far as doing a DKP system or anything, but it would be nice to do MoC in a group and not have to constantly worry about grabbing loot that drops as quickly as possible.

So, if anyone's interested, post in here. If nobody's interested I'll just go back to solo farming, no big deal.

I was just thinking of maybe some sort of point system for yellow loot. A straight up DKP system obviously wouldn't work. There's no final boss that has a set drop table with %'s for each item. Maybe we could do something like we don't identify yellows, and we split them at the end of each run for everyone that was in there or something. I dunno, we can work out the details if/when more people are involved.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Play on hardcore, few of us run moc, and usually aren't fighting over loot. Drops are much more abundant in party anyways, and we usually are only after whites that pertain to us, and a few other specific items.

I could see guilds being a cool thing on release when there is more population, wonder if there will be a pay option to create guilds.
Though I'm stil new to the game (lvl 30, cruel difficulty). I would love to be member of a high-end guild when they implement them, so yeah, I'm in :)
---------- Dungeon Crawlers Anonymous ----------

We are looking for new members to not only join in the gaming fun, but also to fill several positions in the guild!

Take a look now at: http://dcaguild.com
"
SEOINAGE wrote:
Play on hardcore, few of us run moc, and usually aren't fighting over loot. Drops are much more abundant in party anyways, and we usually are only after whites that pertain to us, and a few other specific items.

I could see guilds being a cool thing on release when there is more population, wonder if there will be a pay option to create guilds.

In the future I may do Hardcore end game stuff, but currently my only HC character is sitting in cruel difficulty collecting dust. I'd imagine the HC bunch is a lot tighter than us normal folks anyway.
TehHammer is not a crime!
Stupid question but what does MoC stand for?
.....And that's all I have to say about that.
Maelstrom of Chaos, the current "endgame" placeholder zones that are soon to be replaced with something hopefully better.
"
SEOINAGE wrote:

Paid Leagues
In addition, we plan to allow guilds or groups of players to pay for the creation of their own league with a choice of game rule modifiers. Only players invited by the people who paid for the league can create characters in these private leagues. This option helps cater towards any groups of players who want to play online together but don’t want their playgroup to have access to items traded from external players.

http://www.pathofexile.com/leagues/
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
"
Flavious wrote:
"
SEOINAGE wrote:

Paid Leagues
In addition, we plan to allow guilds or groups of players to pay for the creation of their own league with a choice of game rule modifiers. Only players invited by the people who paid for the league can create characters in these private leagues. This option helps cater towards any groups of players who want to play online together but don’t want their playgroup to have access to items traded from external players.

http://www.pathofexile.com/leagues/

yeah, but what i'm talking about would be a lot different, as would want the support of others farming etc. But I could see those that would want those kind of leagues. If you look over in the iron man thread, a person posts about the old school ironman competitions in diablo 1. I could see leagues working out great for those kinds of activities. I personally would like to create a pvp league with my own rule set, unless cutthroat somehow ends up perfect. But would open it to public. But If cutthroat ends up not working well I would think with my background and the help of some other pvpers from other games I still have in contact could make a pretty fun league.
I'd join if there was VoIP and loot is handled fairly. Being an archer I usually have to play solo if I want any loot. It would be nice to be able to play with people for a change.
I'm with Pixel here. I run my own farm sessions to try level and get better gear, but it gets o so tedious. teaming up is fun. There just haven't been much runs around this week in the AUS-NZ timezone.
POE is a constantly evolving game, so expect balance changes, buffs and nerfs STILL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info