nothing to see

closed
Last edited by Gwizz41 on Dec 4, 2012, 6:15:20 PM
I am often telling people that the 'wipe' from closed to open will likely involve simply logging on one day and finding your characters returned to level 1 and naked, your stash wiped. However, I've never seen a dev say that. It just seems likely. The idea of the legacy server is a sort of archive for when new significant closed beta patches come into play.

I have seen a dev say there will be no more wipes once the game enters Open Beta, which to me would render the legacy server redundant.

Which answers your second question.

I reserve the right to be wrong, and invite correction. Especially by the Bright Words of the All-knowing Ones.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I can't find the exact quote now, but i'm sure that they have said that everything gets wiped compleatly when the game goes into open beta;
and after the start of the open beta there will be no wipes at all. (so even your open beta characters should be transfered into the released game)

EDIT: damn you CharanJaydemyr :P You are to fast for me ;)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Jun 17, 2012, 6:15:34 AM
"
I am often telling people that the 'wipe' from closed to open will likely involve simply logging on one day and finding your characters returned to level 1 and naked, your stash wiped. However, I've never seen a dev say that.

Disregard witches, aquire currency.
What kind of month starts with "Mai"?
Sweeping Maid
Legacy is just a holding place for Old redundant chars (from Devs testing point of view) Do not get too attached to them !!

So legacy is just in Beta testing ..so will be No more Legacy leagues after Open release gets here !!

At open release we will just have our chars from default leagues only !! but at level 1 with all items in inventory and chest removed(wiped)...
Legacy leagues will be gone/no more !! all item/chars removed,lost never to be seen again..

There will not be any more wipes in open release (only on day 1 start) ....
Before open release while still in closed beta there will be more skill tree resets/wipes/ moves to legacy leagues while we still in closed beta

this is how i think what will happen
Bonan..2hander,Miss Bitch..whitch, ThongBow..ranger
"
dust7 wrote:
"
I am often telling people that the 'wipe' from closed to open will likely involve simply logging on one day and finding your characters returned to level 1 and naked, your stash wiped. However, I've never seen a dev say that.

What Charan and Dust7 have said is correct.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Offtopic, but Chris, your new signature:

http://pathofexile.com/public/chris/maps.png

Those are MAPS! :D And they will be upgradable with the item you teased a few days ago, nice!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info