Wraith Gem Upgrade Mana Reservation

Started with the Wraith Gem Level 1, showing 40 Mana reservation, above the blue sphere. During in-game fighting, skill gem was upgraded to Level 2. The Mana sphere still showed 40 reserved, but when hovering over the Hotkey bar to the left of the sphere, it showed 45 Mana Reserved. After portaling back to Shore Encampment, it was corrected to 45 above the sphere.
From my understanding

You had the Wrath Skill activated in an area and it had 40 Mana reserved.

It then leveled up and when you hovered the skill down the bottom (or in inventory) it showed that it would reserve 45 Mana.

What it is that you were seeing (in my opinion from what i understand) is that you leveled the gem, which leveled the gem, not the active skill, and you merely noticed the difference on the gem(level 2) as to what was currently being used (level 1) (It does not update as soon as you level it - you need to recast it to get the newer one going) :)
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
Yeah aura gems don't auto update when you level them if they are active. Meaning if you have level 1 active and level it to level 2 you have to deactivate and reactivate it to get the extra damage and mana reservation. The tooltip updates but you have to actually cast the level 2 aura to get the changes to apply.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Thanks to you both for your replies. What you're saying makes sense now that I think about it. This is my first gem of this type, where you can activate/deactivate it.

Classify this one as a newb-error.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info